Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What is the most annoying thing at a poker table? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541571)

KampfHase 11-08-2007 06:44 PM

What is the most annoying thing at a poker table?

This time, you may choose 3.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
If your most annoying thing at a poker table is not listed, let us know by telling us in a quick reply.

KamiKatze 11-08-2007 06:46 PM

Re: What is the most annoying thing at a poker table?

I have absolute(ly) (Poker) no problem with cheating.

carnivalhobo 11-08-2007 06:47 PM

masturbation under the table

KampfHase 11-08-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
masturbation under the table

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
It's true, though. In "Poker Nation" it is mentioned that you can actually masturbate under the table without anyone noticing it.
Should have added that one... damned! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

startrak 11-08-2007 07:24 PM

people not paying attention, dealer mistakes and why are you doing this?

Andy.713 11-08-2007 07:29 PM

People wearing Sun Glasses while giving advice at a $1/$2 table. Ugh so many people like this at barona and sycuan.

Astyanax 11-08-2007 07:37 PM

People saying

1. If I get another one I'm all in.
2. Stop straddling
3. L-O-L

nice poll.

Diana Ross Fan 11-08-2007 07:37 PM

The most irritating advice I heard last week was one guy at my 4-8 game advising opponents to read SSHE. How could I get him to STFU?

KampfHase 11-08-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Out of boredom and for fun.
Why does it bother you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Luckboxxx 11-08-2007 07:40 PM

The most annoying to me, were stare-downs on 2-4 limit tables. Some [censored] would stare at a player for like two minutes before putting $4 in a $40 pot.

Astyanax 11-08-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The most annoying to me, were stare-downs on 2-4 limit tables. Some [censored] would stare at a player for like two minutes before putting $4 in a $40 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao - I was playing 2/4 razz yesterday. I guy had a pretty weak board and didnt 3-bet 1st round of betting. I was 'bluffing' the whole way but spiked a wierd 9 low on 7th. I value-bet it thinking he'd call me down with a 10 or even Jack. He went into time bank and called me with a raggy 8 low. 2 ppl congratulated on a 'fantastic call' and he said 'ty', very proudly, I presume. What a chump.

Why did I just tell you this?

This thread has exciting implications [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The B 11-08-2007 08:04 PM

Humberto and his mother [censored] chark

Rob121 11-08-2007 08:22 PM

lol at whoever selected "baseball caps".

DoubleDealDecker 11-08-2007 08:24 PM

Criticizing the play of live ones. Even Vanusso is not that stupid.... Ok, maybe, but it is part of Dukey Duke game theory. In other words, please shut up Boy Geniuses and never wisen up a sucker, or smarten up a chump. You are welcome!

p s Please shut up and let them play.

JDesab 11-08-2007 08:35 PM

CELL PHONES is the absolute worst. get up and go have your conversation somewhere else. you slow down the game. you are so self absorbed that you think your call with your wife about what time you come home is so important that the other 8 or 9 people at the table should just listen to it. have some consideration and take your personal business away from the table.

slow rolling. what do you think is going on. they're filming your hand for television. just show the damn hand and let the game move on.

todd1007 11-08-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at whoever selected "baseball caps".

[/ QUOTE ]

baseball caps are for complete tards

JDesab 11-08-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao - I was playing 2/4 razz yesterday. I guy had a pretty weak board and didnt 3-bet 1st round of betting. I was 'bluffing' the whole way but spiked a wierd 9 low on 7th. I value-bet it thinking he'd call me down with a 10 or even Jack. He went into time bank and called me with a raggy 8 low. 2 ppl congratulated on a 'fantastic call' and he said 'ty', very proudly, I presume. What a chump.

Why did I just tell you this?

This thread has exciting implications [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a thread about live poker... and you still stick in an i-net hand. there is poker beyond the monitor you know.

highsteptd 11-08-2007 09:11 PM

douchebags slurping noodles at commerce

p2fgf 11-08-2007 09:12 PM

The old men that you call down and they stare for-[censored]-ever at their cards waiting for you to show first, only to table the nuts.

The kids like Erik Ryland at the 2/4 and 3/6 limit tables wearing PokerStars 500fpp shirts, backwards Full Tilt hats, glasses, hoodie over their head, and ipod in ears.

amirite 11-08-2007 09:24 PM

write in vote for "seeing 20 goddamn hands in an hour"

JackWhite 11-08-2007 09:30 PM

The most annoying thing? Anything that slows down the game.

PlzHelpMe 11-08-2007 09:33 PM

[x] donks
[x]people who think bigger stacks can bully smaller stacks in CASH GAMES
[x] dealers

Leafs 11-08-2007 09:34 PM

i recently played at a free tournament at a bar out of boredom, and the guy next to my left wore sunglasses... he also folded 77 when i jammed J9o into his BB with 5 BBs. Face up.

JackWhite 11-08-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
recently played at a free tournament at a bar out of boredom, and the guy next to my left wore sunglasses... he also folded 77 when i jammed J9o into his BB with 5 BBs. Face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy making a bad play would be on my list of "favorite things at a poker table," not "most annoying."

corpseartist 11-08-2007 09:49 PM

People who keep asking stupid worthless questions.

I hate OP

JDesab 11-08-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I hate OP

[/ QUOTE ]

what a self absorbed moron you are... if you don't like it just ignore it.

nazahl 11-08-2007 10:20 PM

lol at drinking being on the list. wtf?

corpseartist 11-08-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hate OP

[/ QUOTE ]

what a self absorbed moron you are... if you don't like it just ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't ignore it when OP continues to spam our forum with useless polls. Everyone always complains about how NVG is full of crap and you won't get a serious answer here. Its because NVG is full of crap, and OP is one of the contributors.

Like I said in the other gobias' thread, this place needs better mods or more mods. OP sucks and you suck for sticking up for him. Go join P5's or negreanu's forum if you like this type of useless crap and gfy.

sapol 11-08-2007 10:39 PM

old ladies at the table

The B 11-08-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
recently played at a free tournament at a bar out of boredom, and the guy next to my left wore sunglasses ... he also folded 77 when i jammed J9o into his BB with 5 BBs. Face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy making a bad play would be on my list of "favorite things at a poker table," not "most annoying."

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed the point

NotFadeAway 11-08-2007 10:43 PM

I hate whining about bad luck at the table. Some of these guys you run into seem to think that losing as a 60/40 favorite is TERRIBLE. I can't get over the fact that these whiners must have failed math class or something.

Also: good poll here (although I didn't really like the others, but this one's nice.)

JDesab 11-08-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Like I said in the other gobias' thread, this place needs better mods or more mods. OP sucks and you suck for sticking up for him. Go join P5's or negreanu's forum if you like this type of useless crap and gfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

when people do [censored] to irritate you.. the worst thing you can do is whine and cry that they are annoying you. then they just want to find new ways to annoy you even more. just ignore the idiots. the stupid posts have been on the internet since it began. you can't stop them.

Dan87 11-08-2007 11:50 PM

old people playing horribly but saying crap like "I'll get you eventually" trying to instill fear into me because they have been losing players for over 20 years so they deserve my respect

corpseartist 11-09-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the stupid posts have been on the internet since it began. you can't stop them.

[/ QUOTE ]

no but mods can, thats why forums have mods.

PokerHatesMe 11-09-2007 01:21 AM

Beth Shak.

startrak 11-09-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why are you doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Out of boredom and for fun.
Why does it bother you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
no, i answered didnt i.. just seemed like it was for some book or you were making statistics or something.

Arnold_O 11-09-2007 01:39 AM

surprised you forgot about "people who smell like rotting flesh"

RyanCMU 11-09-2007 02:07 AM

All the people who talk non stop about the BBJ at the table. "If only I had such and such and you had such and such, we would have hit the BBJ." and they get so excited, every [censored] hand I have to listen to this.

DeuceSeven 11-09-2007 02:23 AM

Getting stuck at a table with the 4 slowest players of all time in a fast blind structured home mtt. Yeah I'm there for fun, but do you have to contemplate for 2 minutes whether you should call a bet with a back door draw?

Speel Posher 11-09-2007 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All the people who talk non stop about the BBJ at the table. "If only I had such and such and you had such and such, we would have hit the BBJ." and they get so excited, every [censored] hand I have to listen to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this

close second and third are the braniacs that need to justify their play out loud and then ridicule others plays(lol hypocrisaments) and the young guns that dress as the unibomber in a small stakes game