Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   KK in 3 bet pot against solid tag - NL$50 6m (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523093)

AZplaya 10-14-2007 11:37 PM

KK in 3 bet pot against solid tag - NL$50 6m

Villian in this hand is baba-joon, one of the more solid tags at NL$50 on FTP imo. Have him at 20/16, he's very aggro, good hand reader, etc. He should have me at 23/17ish, not sure of his other reads on me.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $41.55
UTG: $61.25
Hero (MP): $56.50
CO: $66.35
BTN: $55.70
SB: $50.25

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.50</font>, UTG calls $8.50

Turn: ($29.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero???

I almost always check behind against a solid player here, but my concerns are:
1. The pot is already huge.
2. He likely puts me to a decision for my stack on any river if I check behind.

Whats your line? If you check behind, do you call a big bet on a blank river?

whyzze 10-14-2007 11:40 PM

Re: KK in 3 bet pot against solid tag - NL$50 6m

ive seen him do some pretty bad stuff.

Anyways, I would check behind here. i think he would shove the flop with any draw.

You are right about the river. Do you think he is shoving this river w/ 99/1010? He is capable.

corsakh 10-14-2007 11:40 PM

He cant be flatting a set on this board. On the other hand you beat nothing other than AcKc, but I think he would shove that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Can he call with clubs oop?

absoludicrous 10-14-2007 11:46 PM

What would he check/call you with that smokes you, especially on a double [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop? I think you're fine here.

Villain never slowplays a hand that beats us here, I feel I'm ahead enough to pot commit myself with a turn bet.

whyzzee, why would anyone shove the river with 99/TT unless they're a complete idiot?

kaz2107 10-14-2007 11:47 PM

bet turn for protection here. and to avoid an almost impossible river descion. his range is really big imo and we r obv ahead of it. not the type of board u should b lookin to eek out more value from against a decent player. bet the turn and take down this nice pot most of the time

PS
u wanna just ship tha 50 bones now?!?!!??! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

http://images.minorleagueball.com/im...n/rockies2.JPG

whyzze 10-14-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would he check/call you with that smokes you, especially on a double [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop? I think you're fine here.

You're essentially pot committing yourself here with any regular sized bet, which is why I check, just in case he did flat call with a set or two pair.

whyzzee, why would anyone shove the river with 99/TT unless they're a complete idiot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he could as a valuebluff.

Anyways, if the answer is he never does, then we can check here and fold to a riverbet. Or if he checks river, get some value.

corsakh 10-14-2007 11:53 PM

No such thing as valuebluff exists.

whyzze 10-14-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No such thing as valuebluff exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

theory wise, no...But it happens. I could post a hand where this villian attempts to do it. But i dont want to out myself [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

absoludicrous 10-14-2007 11:59 PM

How many of you have ever valuebluffed in a situation like this? I can honestly say valuebluff isn't even in my bag of tricks. I just don't think you run into enough opponents at microstakes to make this profitable. Who folds an over pair here to your shove? No one.

Am I bad?

whyzze 10-15-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many of you have ever valuebluffed in a situation like this? I can honestly say valuebluff isn't even in my bag of tricks. I just don't think you run into enough opponents at microstakes to make this profitable. Who folds an over pair here to your shove? No one.

Am I bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its more of a panic thing. The thought that you should bluff before he does. I dont really know...I dont do it.