Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Making a (bad?) move... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265066)

PokerSparky 11-21-2006 04:19 AM

Making a (bad?) move...

I never do this, but...

Villain was 24.3/17.6/3.5 through 280+ hands. Mostly datamined.

I figured if the move doesn't work, I could get some metagame mileage out of it. Should I just give up on the river?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>

sharpie 11-21-2006 04:25 AM

Re: Making a (bad?) move...

This is major spew. You might get him to laydown KQ/KJ, but I doubt he's laying down ace high or better. The only hand you're really representing is A6s, and there are only 2 combos of that. The river followup is bad also.

I'd just fold the flop.

PokerSparky 11-21-2006 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The river followup is bad also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the worst part IMO. Once villain calls the turn C/R, he's showing down.

I'm trying to add some trickiness to my very straightforward game. I think I'm picking bad times.

sharpie 11-21-2006 04:45 AM

If you want to outright bluff I would save it for when he opens in a later position, and I would also tend to just check/raise the flop for a couple of reasons. It's how I'd actually play if I hit the flop, and if you play like me when you peel the flop and come alive on a turn card you either hit that card or you didn't, and if it puts a draw on board it gives him even more incentive to call down. If you check/raise the flop you're much more likely to have a made hand. If you sometimes just call the flop when you hit this doesn't apply as much.

For instance say he opened on the button and this flop came. If you check/call the flop what turn cards are you bluffing? I would probably only bluff turn cards that gave me extra outs. Low cards and cards that pair the board aren't very likely to hit you.

Kwaz 11-21-2006 08:28 AM

Stinky.

TheGunner 11-21-2006 08:37 AM

Every time I do this they call with 33.

HWO 11-21-2006 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I do this they call with 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

#2 lol

raze 11-21-2006 09:06 AM

I don't think this move is worth your investment, you simply will get called far too much for the 3bb's you put in. If you're gonna make moves like this, wait at least for a semi-bluff opportunity like an OESD, FD, etc