Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   A hand and a psa (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433881)

mntbikr15 06-23-2007 02:08 AM

A hand and a psa

PSA- Im not ignoring you, I dont have AP chat again.

Hand-

15/30
I raise AKo UTG, called by UTG1, SB, and BB

Flop As6d7d, SB bets, BB calls, I raise, UTG-1 folds
Turn 9h, blinds check, I bet, SB raises, BB cold calls, I????

Thanks,
Evan

sharpie 06-23-2007 02:14 AM

Re: A hand and a psa

Damn, I thought you was giving my table coaching the silent treatment. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Without reads I'd calldown.

Scary_Tiger 06-23-2007 02:18 AM

call

sharpie 06-23-2007 02:34 AM

You folding any river cards tigger? I might fold certain 3 flush straight cards.

WillyT 06-23-2007 02:39 AM

hmm, how about this one guys?

UTG+1 is 50/29/1.3 over about 100 hands at this point.

5 handed. utg+1 raises, super fish cold calls and I 3-bet AKo from the SB, BB folds, utg1 calls, super fish calls.

Flop: 4h 7h Ac

I bet, both call.

Turn: 9d

I bet, both call.

River: 8c

I bet, utg+1 raises, super fish finaly folds and I fold too.

Bad?

gehrig 06-23-2007 03:09 AM

willyt i cant trust a guy that erratic to fold getting like three hundred to one

mntbikr15 06-23-2007 03:33 AM

Yea guess I forgot reads....prob because I had none. Both total unknowns.

Scary_Tiger 06-23-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
willyt i cant trust a guy that erratic to fold getting like three hundred to one

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean we should be toast but then I call and they have AT and I'm like... wtf.

mntbikr15 06-23-2007 02:02 PM

Exactly what happened. SB had AJ BB had some pair/gutshot and I felt like a tard. Still not sure that it works out in the end math wise.

Edit- AJ won obv

WillyT 06-23-2007 02:47 PM

mntbikr,

On your hand I talk myself into calling down because so many drawy hands like to take a stab on the turn there and that turn card put up a lot of draws for weaker ace + draw or some pair + draw. That coupled with the fact that villains know you don't really want to 3-bet since you so often have just one pair makes me want to call yours down.

Getting raised on the river like I did I didn't think I was winning much. It's a little different since the pot was 3 ways and if the guy had a pair he really need to protect his hand from the super fish...not that he knows to think like that but still, it'd have to be a crazy bluff to want to raise me there. I was almost sure it was a value raise and I dumped it.

I've been thinking recently and there are two types of players in spots like these that I've kinda picked up on from reading DeathDonkey posts and Schneids posts. The to modes are to 'fold this time and call next time" (DD) and "call this time and fold next time" (Sch).

I'll be paying more attn to what my opponents tendencies are in these kinds of situations.