Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Two pair on board, facing river bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504903)

SuperUberBob 09-19-2007 09:09 PM

Two pair on board, facing river bet

Got right at this table and ran real cold. Villain caps and 3-bets light, but otherwise no real read here.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ??.

Final Pot: 10 BB

--------------

Other than a bluff, what else is villain betting here that I have beat?

Gurravasa 09-20-2007 01:32 AM

Re: Two pair on board, facing river bet

If he bets anything you beat on this board it's obviously a bluff. Since you raised turn he should think that you might have an ace but when the second ace comes he either bets his boat bc he's sure that he either tie or beat you, or he makes a crazy bluff. Given your read and the fact that he might have seen that you run cold could make him go for a crazy bluff, but I really doubt that. Theoretical I don't think the pot is big enough to call, but I would probably call at table bc I hate folding to river donks.

TheHip41 09-20-2007 02:33 AM

i call, don't know if it's right, but I call

shane88888 09-20-2007 02:42 AM

This is air one-in-ten.

I'd call.

Oink 09-20-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is air one-in-ten.

I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

sharpie 09-20-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than a bluff, what else is villain betting here that I have beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you only beat a bluff, but that's all you really need to beat to call in a pot of this size.

Cobretti 09-20-2007 11:07 AM

Depends on the player's stats. There are many players that are never on air here. If unknown I probably call. Maybe.

SuperUberBob 09-21-2007 09:44 PM

While I was considering my play, I ran out of time and my hand was mucked. Villain said he had AT.