Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   3--HU Level XII: Seeking Playing Guidelines (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331193)

TomBrooks 02-13-2007 06:57 PM

3--HU Level XII: Seeking Playing Guidelines

I found myself HU at Level XII for the first time. Blinds/antes were 1000/2000/100. I had mostly weak cards for this stretch but hung in there. I almost busted my opponent once or twice, but I ultimately lost.

I think I was a little too passive and trying to be a little too patient. Every blind you don't contest is a huge concession to your opponent.

How do you play here?

What hands are you pushing from the Dealer/Small Blind?

What hands are you calling with from the BB?

Some plays I made that might have been bad, and my stack sizes/blind, in order they were played (I had some hands in between the ones shown below)...

- Q3s SB Complete/Fold 10150/1100 Maybe complete was bad. Always allin or nothing?

- Q4 Folded to AllIn 7050/2100 Was this a call?

- T9 Folded to AllIn 7050/2100 Call?

- J3 SB Folded 5959/1100 Do I push this?

- Q3 BB Folded to Allin 3850/2100 This was killer and I think I had to defend here. I wound up having to go allin on my next hand which was 43o and lost.

Edit: Added 5 hands I played

Kibby 02-13-2007 07:04 PM

Re: HU Level XII: Seeking Playing Guidelines

I push ATC

DevinLake 02-13-2007 07:04 PM

I'm probably pushing every hand and calling every wide.

AMT 02-13-2007 07:05 PM

id consult SNGPT's nash equilibrium for you HU pushing questions, brilliant tutorial in there....typically though, when you got no moniez left HU, ARRRRRRR IN.

Hollandicus 02-13-2007 07:07 PM

First thought was all hands... but of course it depends on what your opponent is pushing / Calling with.

If he calls <70% then you can push any 2 from SB

If he pushes any 2 you can call with everything except 23off, on second thoughts call with 32off as well - he might be bluffing!

Have a play with the SNG PT - fun results.

Cheers, Mark

Slim Pickens 02-13-2007 07:08 PM

A very basic rule of thumb is that you should be calling pushes with a range about half as wide as your opponent's pushing range. Interestingly, this holds pretty well over a wide span of stack/blind ratios. By the time the blinds/antes get to about 10% of the total chips in play, you should be pushing 75-90% of hands against most opponents.

Bryn 02-13-2007 07:25 PM

Push ATC from the SB.

From BB, assuming equal stacks, you'll be getting 4-1 pot odds, at pot odds of 2-1 you can call with a range slightly wider than villians. At 4-1 I think you have to call with ATC. Your not a 4-1 underdog against evan a tight villians range. Basically ATC and pray for some luck, no amount of skill can help you here.

And yes completing then folding is awful.