Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   four maybe interesting hands from the $300 6m wcoop event (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524694)

luckychewy 10-17-2007 12:34 AM

four maybe interesting hands from the $300 6m wcoop event

hand 1 - reads: utg seems to be playing a decent lagtag game save for when he flatted my btn raise in the bb w/ A2o like 40bb deep.
bb: playing sort of laggy but seems aggro and passive at the wrong times.

utg opens to 525 at 100/200/20 and i flat A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the sb w/ 10.9k behind. bb flats as well w/ 6500(utg covers both) and we take the flop 3 ways. 1695 in the pot and it comes AA7r. i think i have a bunch of options here. i check, bb checks, utg bets 1100, i flat, bb folds. turn is a 6 creating a heart fd, i check and he checks behind. river is an offsuit 3 and i lead 2750 into 3895. thoughts on the whole hand? i think it coulda maybe been played better.

hand 2 - reads: none, just moved to table.

i open KQo in the hj to 1500 at 300/600/60 w/ about 44k behind, co calls who covers, and sb calls w/ 17k. flop comes KT9r and we both check to the co who bets 6600 into 5460, sb folds and i call. turn is a 6d creating a bd fd and i check and call the same 6600 this time into about 18k. river is a 6o and i check and he shoves. about 32k in the pot and 29k behind.

hand 3 - reads: utg is playing sorta standard, only hand of note was when he limped AKo in sb vs my bb and i shoved 55 and he won the flip.

btn: playing fairly aggro and 3-betting my opens a lot, for sure more than anyone else at the table. i 4-bet him once when he 3-bet my open and he folded. i also think it's important to note that while he 3-bet me a bunch of times he has only squeezed once previously though.

utg opens to 16500 at 3k/6k/600 w/ 165k to start the hand and i flat right behind him in the hj w/ ~133k to start the hand and AQo. co folds and btn makes it 44k w/ another 120k behind. utg folds, i??

hand 4 - reads: nothing comes to mind, though i don't think reads are entirely relevant in this spot as they are others.

4k/8k/800, folded to me on the button with 140k and 22. sb has 120k after posting and bb has over 500k. thoughts?

Pasterbator 10-17-2007 12:52 AM

Re: four maybe interesting hands from the $300 6m wcoop event

Hand 1:

I looooove leading this flop. No A is every folding and I think this gets the most action from KK/QQ also. I the BB has an A of some sort, yours is definitely better and you can get 3 streets of value from him.

As you played it, i think i want to c/r the river. KK/QQ has to bet there, right?

Hand 2:

I guess we don't have much info on the CO, but his line is so [censored] weird. I'm so confused, but some people will keep betting as long as you keep checking, so i probably call out of confusion.

Hand 3:

Probably fold, right? He rr an UTG raise + call, and he made it really small. I'd be lying if i said i don't shove there a bunch, but i think you run into a real hand too often.

Hand 4:

Ugh, I hate having ~15-17 effective BBs. Is folding terrible? Is shoving terrible? Bc i hate raise/folding. Limping seems kinda bad too. I'd probably fold there.

Pasterbator 10-17-2007 12:53 AM

fwiw, im trying to work on my MTT game, so please, if my analysis (especially in the 15-25 BB zone) is off, call me out on it!

luckychewy 10-17-2007 02:47 AM

re: 1) yeah i think relative position makes the flop a lead. i also agree as played i could c/r the river but vs. a semi-unknown i think leading is fine.

re: 3) i mean vs. anyone standard i'm folding fast, but this guy was fairly aggro wrt 3-bets, still probably a fold but seemed sorta close.

re: 4) folding would be pretty terrible imo. after looking at some numbers i think shoving is probably correct. it is never -cEV, and could be +cEV by more than 1BB which is pretty huge long term.

registrar 10-17-2007 05:13 AM

#1: agree with the leading the flop.
#2: really dunno - it's pretty messy. I'd db the guy before I got there, but I'm folding the river.
#3: I wouldn't flat there unless I was willing to play on to a squeeze from an lag behind. Which is to say, I would generally fold AQo with ~20bbs from UTG+1 when UTG opens.
#4: I don't like raise/folding and raise/calling seems bad too so I think limp/call, limp/shove, open fold and open shove are the viable options and I wouldn't know how to rank them. Even if nothing comes to mind, I think reads and image are relevant in this spot, unless you are David Sklansky, in which case make it 45k to go and fold to a push.

Exitonly 10-17-2007 06:17 AM

i dont think i hate open folding #4. I'd def shove w/ 100k, or even w/ 120k, but 140k seems a little big.
also obviously depending on how resteal happy the blinds are/what's gone on so far at the table, just raise-folding could be fine.

Bond18 10-17-2007 06:57 AM

You already know my thoughts chewy but i'll put em in the thread.

Hand 1: We agreed we both think lead is somewhat > c/c in most cases.

Hand 2: I like the way you played it the whole way.

Hand 3: IMO this is the toughest hand. Without a read i end up folding cause i'm a pussy.

Hand 4: My standard in this spot has been to open fold. I'm open minded as to why that's wrong.

Ship Ship McGipp 10-17-2007 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:
As you played it, i think i want to c/r the river. KK/QQ has to bet there, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

pb, tournament people are awful. they do NOT have to bet there.

Eagles 10-17-2007 10:31 AM

Hand 1: I like leading the flop also... as played river is a good spot to bet IMO as Aejones pointed out most people don't vbet thin enough for checking to be goot.
Hand 2. I fold because he made such a small turn bet and than shoved river. If he was bluffing turn I think he would be more.
Hand 3: Anyone 3bet pf the first time? As played hmm its super close I probably shove because I expect him to have AK almost never.
Hand 4: I hate this spot.... I have no idea

Pasterbator 10-17-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
re: 4) folding would be pretty terrible imo. after looking at some numbers i think shoving is probably correct. it is never -cEV, and could be +cEV by more than 1BB which is pretty huge long term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Idk - Intuitively, it just seems wrong. What ranges did you use to make this +1BB? I just feel that the majority of the time, it is sooo barely +EV, that its a spot i certainly don't mind passing on.