Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   T9s flops 2 pr, river is yucky // overcalls (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527194)

B2_eBoogaloo 10-20-2007 01:42 PM

T9s flops 2 pr, river is yucky // overcalls

As I have begun my session, these villains are unknown, so I would go with the usual mix of lags/lpps and occasional tag for standard villains.

I was planning on calling most rivers, but I think this card is especially bad.

PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, Hero ?

Fadook 10-20-2007 01:46 PM

Re: T9s flops 2 pr, river is yucky // overcalls

Meh, call. I'm not folding 2 pair against unknowns in this situation.

Aaron W. 10-20-2007 02:03 PM

I would have 3-bet the turn. Definitely call the river.

tyler_cracker 10-20-2007 02:31 PM

i'm tempted to 3bet the turn, especially with button providing overlay. is that crazy?

i wish we knew something about button. overcalling with the ~taint 2pair on a 4straight board is usually terrible, but button hasn't made a single aggressive action so it's hard to put him on anything (i.e. he could be one of those guys that turns over 55 at showdown).

11:1 and closing the action, i think i show it down and see what's up with everybody.

DaBizomb 10-20-2007 03:29 PM

*g*

i'd 3-bet the turn and call down if capped. there's a good chance you're already ahead and you still have four outs to the fh. that river sucks of course and now it's probably a c/c and take notes

beyazkus 10-21-2007 12:08 PM

* g *

I would probably call the river in the heat of battle, but more careful analysis proves otherwise: what you can realistically beat is if utg has AQ and the BTN has say AT in all other hand combinations that could have played out in such a manner, it seems extremely likely that either of your ops has a better two pair, a straight or a flush... getting 11.5-1 doesn't seem to be enough... so fold with a clear conscience...