Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   In a HU match when is it acceptable to request a reload? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539555)

SIThomer 11-06-2007 07:07 AM

In a HU match when is it acceptable to request a reload?

Lets assume its a nice guy and your playing 50/100 for a couple hours and you have him down to below 600... is it impolite to ask him to reload at this point?

jocke4 11-06-2007 07:39 AM

Re: In a HU match when is it acceptable to request a reload?

How smart is it to play under 6bb..
Raise all in every hand until he reloads? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

evil_ronnie 11-06-2007 07:41 AM

[ ] will get a serious answer

sapol 11-06-2007 07:44 AM

it's never acceptable. Bad etiquette IMO

PokerSoccer 11-06-2007 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise all in every hand until he reloads? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1o BoY 11-06-2007 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Iv had a guy go above to 2buyins form less than that!

Im very interested in what comes out of this thread.

inyourface 11-06-2007 10:14 AM

he wont get any decent repsonses because as usual if in doubt post in NVG

even the fact there is a heads up sub-forum seemed to have baffled the OP

Go_Blue88 11-06-2007 11:31 AM

whenever you think their small stack reduces your edge too much.

i don't like getting in dumb coinflips or 60/40 situations where ppl push preflop for like 100 bucks. when they double up it completely changes the match b/c i get really angry and they get more confident.

memento_mori 11-06-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i don't like getting in dumb coinflips or 60/40 situations where ppl push preflop for like 100 bucks. when they double up it completely changes the match b/c i get really angry and they get more confident.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

augie_ 11-06-2007 11:35 AM

i always request a reload around 20bb...it may be douchey but there's no way i'm giving some fish a shot at 200 of my big blinds for 20 of his. i've lost 5-6 buyins to fish before who originally buy in for the minimum

Nibster 11-06-2007 11:39 AM

I don't request a reload, I just sit out. Even the bad players know why you're sitting out and most will reload on their own.

gordo16 11-06-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 12:46 PM

when your opponent is down to $0

Zetack 11-06-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always request a reload around 20bb...it may be douchey but there's no way i'm giving some fish a shot at 200 of my big blinds for 20 of his.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I follow this logic. Aren't you playing table stakes?

[ QUOTE ]

i've lost 5-6 buyins to fish before who originally buy in for the minimum

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, who's the fish in this story?

cts 11-06-2007 02:40 PM

meh I am prolly -EV with short stacks so I have no problem asking them to reload at any time.

wywrot 11-06-2007 02:44 PM

I sit out and request reload when opponent has less than 20 bb... its jus -ev otherwise

ginko 11-06-2007 02:49 PM

Samo won't play anyone for less than 50bb's(1k).

DAT MOOSE 11-06-2007 02:59 PM

ask for a reload whenever you want, its not bad etiquette.. why should you risk 20k to win 600 in the example above.. if i start out playing a guy with full stacks and he gets short i sit out and say reload please, and ill usually quit if he wont (unless hes really bad) and by the same token i would never complain if someone sat out on me when i got short

Ship Ship McGipp 11-06-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh I am prolly -EV with short stacks so I have no problem asking them to reload at any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

man this is so true, sometimes when they get to 25 bbs i'm just giving them the next 25 so they can play with at least 50, but they're too bad to leave and i need to drag them on incase they go nuts to rebuy 100 or w.e

Stinger88 11-06-2007 03:12 PM

yesterday I had a guy go from 20bb-400bb-busto against me, and lose anotehr 150 reloading, it was cool

AsH_KeTcHuM 11-06-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yesterday I had a guy go from 20bb-400bb-busto against me, and lose anotehr 150 reloading, it was cool

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../butt-head.jpg

SIThomer 11-06-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. and when it happens 2 or 3 more times it just completely messes with your head

gordo16 11-06-2007 04:41 PM

I have no problem doing it if I'm sitting at the table and someone tries to play me HU with 20BB or something foolish. I usually wont start a HU game unless they bring a minimum of 60BB to the table. When you have been playing HU for a while though, and are already up in the match, I think it's pretty bad etiquette to ask someone to max out their reload after you've busted them a few times. It gets into awkward areas of BR management, etc and I would rather just take the edge I have being up already rather than make someone feel embarrassed about already losing a lot to me and stop playing outright.

sc000t 11-06-2007 05:01 PM

I won't sit with people that only have 20bb or so at the table, and if I do, its only to ask if they'd like to play with full stacks...if not, I don't play. Depending on the player, the minimum I'll usually sit with is 40bb. I think I'm with gordo tho that 60bb is my normal requirement to play HU, I go below that if I know the player to be bad and more importantly weak/tight. This goes for HU PLO btw.

If the match has been going on awhile and I've stacked the player a few times then I always ask that they keep their stack topped off. Since he'd been doing it before, I expect him to keep it up, and if he doesnt want to then I don't see the problem in quitting the game or sitting out until he reloads.

Mr Sarcastic 11-06-2007 05:22 PM

DAMN, beat me to it.

SIThomer 11-06-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he wont get any decent repsonses because as usual if in doubt post in NVG

even the fact there is a heads up sub-forum seemed to have baffled the OP

[/ QUOTE ]

on the contrary i got some great responses here

Diamond Lie 11-06-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not an omaha player

john voight 11-06-2007 11:45 PM

just sit out for 30 seonds.

if he says ???? say "i can't play vs short"
if he says nothing, maybe ask politely.

IMO its poor etiquette, but still widely acceptable and understood. Especially if you have been going at it for 1+ hour.

MrGatorade 11-07-2007 08:25 AM

I hate getting hit and run on and its ben my experience that if an opponent isnt prepared to reload then he was prepared to hit and run me. I make it standard to ask for a reload at any time a player goes below 5BB. I might be losing value long term but my tilt factor after he goes from 500 to 5K when I expose myself to 10-20K at any time is seriously just dumb imo.

-Crazy Mike

Witzo 11-07-2007 09:29 AM

if he didnt start off short then I think its douchy to ask him to reload

dying2win 11-07-2007 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

loool so wasting time flipping for 6BB every hand is more important to you than making money?

Zetack 11-07-2007 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

loool so wasting time flipping for 6BB every hand is more important to you than making money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you lose four of those in a row, and you aren't playing for 6 BB's anymore. If you win any of those, he reloads then. I don't see why its wasting time.

So somebody loses most, but not all of their money to you, and now you're going to stop playing them because its a waste of time...nice.

But that's fine, if I'm on the short end of that stick, I'll just go donk off my next rebuy to somebody else.

dying2win 11-07-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you lose four of those in a row, and you aren't playing for 6 BB's anymore. If you win an y of those, he reloads then. I don't see why its wasting time.

So somebody loses most, but not all of their money to you, and now you're going to stop playing them because its a waste of time...nice.

But that's fine, if I'm on the short end of that stick, I'll just go donk off my next rebuy to somebody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

THE REASON YOU TELL PEOPLE TO RELOAD IS SO THEY DONT WIN FOUR IN A ROW DUCY?

SIThomer 11-07-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate getting hit and run on and its ben my experience that if an opponent isnt prepared to reload then he was prepared to hit and run me. I make it standard to ask for a reload at any time a player goes below 5BB. I might be losing value long term but my tilt factor after he goes from 500 to 5K when I expose myself to 10-20K at any time is seriously just dumb imo.

-Crazy Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I played you 50/100 on UB once and after spending the first 10 mins asking if i was a bot you proceeded to clean me out quick. AND you stayed till i was broke.
lol :-)

Go_Blue88 11-07-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you lose four of those in a row, and you aren't playing for 6 BB's anymore. If you win an y of those, he reloads then. I don't see why its wasting time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

sinderg 11-07-2007 01:58 PM

im glad to hear a few people i respect say there -ev below 20bbs, i find it hard to beat 20bbs stack without it just commin down to me waiting till i shove ks-9s into their AA's after 2 hands

Zetack 11-07-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...is it because you prefer getting stacked when you lose all-ins?

Let me do the math...they reload, they can stack you by winning two all-ins. If they don't reload, in order to stack you they have to win six all-ins in a row.

Ah Yes! Your point is perfectly cle---um no, no its not.

dying2win 11-07-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...is it because you prefer getting stacked when you lose all-ins?

Let me do the math...they reload, they can stack you by winning two all-ins. If they don't reload, in order to stack you they have to win six all-ins in a row.

Ah Yes! Your point is perfectly cle---um no, no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. so amazingly retarded.

PleasureGuy69 11-07-2007 06:47 PM

i actually hunt out people sitting alone short, and try to convince them to buy full. Am i a bad person?

ChuckyB 11-07-2007 06:48 PM

If he brought 100BBs to play you and you nail him, taking him down to 6...why does he have to reload. He came to play with 100. His 100 isn't finished.

I can understand not wanting to start a match against a short-stack...totally within your right to not play. But if you've taken him down from a full buy-in (or whatever you consider sufficient to start, keep playing.