Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Rivered my wheel but this doesn't smell too good (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519637)

DJ Sensei 10-10-2007 03:04 AM

Rivered my wheel but this doesn\'t smell too good

10/20, fullring. CO limps pre, SB follows, I check my option with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB is tsarrast, a TAG regular type guy, we don't have much history that I recall. CO is a semiloose-passive regular. Eff stacks $3500.

Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB pots to $60, I call, CO folds.

Turn Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB pots $180, I call again, because I like my implieds, and I've got plenty of bluff cards.

River A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He leads $475 into $540, I raise to $1275. He times down and makes it $2440.

On one hand, I can't think of many hands that he could have with two spades, given his flop pot and the fact that I have the 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. But making thousand-dollar reads based on sixty dollar flop bets is certainly not foolproof.

On the other hand, his river 3-bet is kinda small (even leaves me some money behind). But is that because he wants to squeeze value, or because a re-bluff doesn't need to be too big here?

So, call or fold? And how do you like the rest of the hand?

And also, because I'm a little curious and a little sick in the head, how deep do we have to be before you'd like a river 4-bet bluffshove? Cause I think that would be sexy.

BobboFitos 10-10-2007 03:05 AM

Re: Rivered my wheel but this doesn\'t smell too good

why cant he have the nuts?

Big_Jim 10-10-2007 03:15 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Seems like his range to lead the flop could be as wide as his range to limp the SB.

High spades are a much bigger part of his range than they are of yours, but I guess that might be why he made the 3bet.

ogdundar 10-10-2007 03:16 AM

3s2s seem pretty likely. I don't know what hands he can bluff 3-bet this river besides missed [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s given that he bet both the flop and the turn pretty strong? A bluff looks pretty thin when laying like 4:1 on the river, but your hand looks like a draw also. I call because of potodds and a slight chance of getting bluffed.

Not sure I like flop and turn though because your outs might not be good. It's ok if villain plays straightforward postflop and don't make good/thin valuebets, i.e. giving us bluffouts with diamonds.

[ QUOTE ]

And also, because I'm a little curious and a little sick in the head, how deep do we have to be before you'd like a river 4-bet bluffshove? Cause I think that would be sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this at all. What better hands are you trying to make him fold? The spades are backdoor, he isn't gonna believe both of you got there and he is never folding the flush.

DJ Sensei 10-10-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure he can, if he potted flop into two people with KsXs.

i'm mainly wondering if I win this 20% or 25% or whatever it takes to call, and if my line in the rest of the hand was most appropriate for the situation

luegofuego 10-10-2007 03:29 AM

u do win 20% or 25% or whatever.

BobboFitos 10-10-2007 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure he can, if he potted flop into two people with KsXs.

i'm mainly wondering if I win this 20% or 25% or whatever it takes to call, and if my line in the rest of the hand was most appropriate for the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pot it with a flush draw in his spot... I'd payoff in yours too, because there is an off chance he has the same hand or is retarded.

Hoopster81 10-10-2007 03:31 AM

How can he possibly have spades here?

vs. him I would not consider folding this

Triumph36 10-10-2007 11:39 AM

yea call all day

spades are so unlikely given that you have 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Requin 10-10-2007 12:07 PM

I'd call either way, but do you think he raises the river with 4s6s?