Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Do You Like This River Bluff? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=116982)

TheOneWizard 05-19-2006 01:25 AM

Do You Like This River Bluff?

Villain was new to the table so no reads.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $31.80
UTG+1: $44.70
Hero: $48.15
Button: $43.80
SB: $27
BB: $20.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.25, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4.25</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12.75, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11</font>,

Normally I would've raised on the turn but I decided to just smooth call for once. When the second 6 came on the river I thought that could be a sufficient scare card to make a play at the pot. What do you think?

Check_The_Nuts 05-19-2006 01:37 AM

Re: Do You Like This River Bluff?

I think the 6 would fold to a pot turn bet. I wouldn't believe u if I was villian...especially the pot bet. Make it more like 6 bucks, at least then you look like the set of 6s trying to get value or something. Still really sketchy, I don't think the jack would bet the river either.

Your turn call made you look drawy. I don't see you calling a full pot turn bet hoping to hit one of 5 outs.

PayoffWiz 05-19-2006 01:40 AM

This is an awful river to bluff. What are you representing? A 6? A good player sees right through this.

jjigglers 05-19-2006 02:02 AM

Leak: You raise this turn?!

TheOneWizard 05-19-2006 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I supposed to smooth call or fold? I picked up the nut flush draw and normally like to attack with it.

jjigglers 05-19-2006 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I supposed to smooth call or fold? I picked up the nut flush draw and normally like to attack with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this with one card to come. Raising is viable (if not standard) if you flop the draw. What are you doing if you miss on the river? another bet?

TheOneWizard 05-19-2006 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this with one card to come. Raising is viable (if not standard) if you flop the draw. What are you doing if you miss on the river? another bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally smooth calling here doesn't make a lot of sense since we're not getting the right pot odds to draw. Obviously I'm eating my own words since that's exactly what I did, but still I think the point is valid.

jjigglers 05-19-2006 02:50 AM

The bet he has to call on the river for your turn call to be good is so ridiculously small, that the only thing he's not calling it with is something you had beat already.

TheOneWizard 05-19-2006 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The bet he has to call on the river for your turn call to be good is so ridiculously small, that the only thing he's not calling it with is something you had beat already.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pot sized bet is ridiculously small? I don't understand.

Jamougha 05-19-2006 03:22 AM

You're only representing a missed draw here.