Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   What beverages to stock new place with? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450700)

pr0crast 07-14-2007 02:13 AM

What beverages to stock new place with?

Moving into a new 1 bed apt and will need to stock it with drinks. What are your favorite beers/liquors/beverages to keep a constant stock of at your place?

TalkingDonkey 07-14-2007 03:59 AM

Re: What beverages to stock new place with?

Grey Goose is actually [censored] vodka but it gets the panties dropping, get a bottle and offer it to the ladies. Good whisky/bourbon is also a must, I like Maker's and Woodford Reserve. But above all, remember you're a college student. You don't really need tons of good booze.

catalyst 07-14-2007 02:14 PM

college?

jagger, smirnoff, captain's/bacardi, gin, and plenty of mixers/tonic/red bull

and obv beer (kegerator ftw?)

emon87 07-14-2007 02:37 PM

just get whatever you've been drinking for the past years?

PRE 07-14-2007 02:51 PM

Natural Ice and/or Milwaukee's Best

SBR 07-14-2007 03:25 PM

Why the hell do you want to keep a stock of alcohol in your student house. Anything drinkable in my house is gone within half a week. Maybe keep a handful of coolers and a little vodka around in case you bring some girls back after the bar but they aren't going to drink a ton anyway.

fightingcoward 07-14-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope this is a joke

Tron 07-14-2007 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grey Goose is actually [censored] vodka but it gets the panties dropping, get a bottle and refill it with cheap stuff when you finish and no girl will be able to tell the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

TalkingDonkey 07-14-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grey Goose is actually [censored] vodka but it gets the panties dropping, get a bottle and refill it with cheap stuff when you finish and no girl will be able to tell the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha we do this all the [censored] time...had it filled with tvarski and one girl says "hey, i don't drink vodka but i LOVE grey goose!" dumb ass sorority broads...

ghostface 07-14-2007 11:34 PM

busch light

jt082005 07-15-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope this is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

it better be...lol

Bad Beat Maker 07-15-2007 03:54 AM

I live in Florida, so I don't know if you guys ever heard of Landshark beer. It's owned by Jimmy Buffet (yes the singer and owner of the restaurant chain Margaritaville). It's much like a Corona and just as expensive. My favorite beer in the world!!!

Bad Beat Maker 07-15-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STEEL RESERVE!!!

NozeCandy 07-15-2007 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
college?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, no, yes/no, no, and yes. Joking, stock whatever you like.

In addition to Jager, Captain, and the mixers, my roommate and I get plenty of Crown and Skyy. We keep these around by the handle because they mix well and shots aren't too bad of any of them (although I usually avoid doing them with the above). We also keep fifths of Goldschlager, Level/Ketel One/Some other good vodka besides Goose because it sucks, and a few random bottles of whatever we felt like buying. Bottles of Godiva chocolate liqueur are really good to have for girls you actually like and to mix in with milk/white russians.

For beer my roommate and I try out a bunch of different kinds but consistently stock Red Stripe, Newcastle, Coors Original, and whatever combo of Miller/Busch lite for when a lot of people come over. Girls like Blue Moon.

If you ever need to make mass quantities of vat, get everclear or some other grain alcohol.

pr0crast 07-15-2007 02:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not a big drinker myself, so just really want to have things on hand that other people will enjoy. I do like more exotic beers, like chocolate stout, some german stuff, etc, but have no taste for "normal" beers so don't know what's good to have on hand.

jdubs015 07-15-2007 04:54 PM

ban for mentioning steel reserve

johnnyrocket 07-15-2007 11:07 PM

always goose for the ladies, patron, ketel one, kegerator, keg of bud light, some 30's for your boys

cata1yst 07-15-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...my roommate and I get plenty of Crown and Skyy. We keep these around by the handle because they mix well and shots aren't too bad of any of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha shots of Crown...AMATUERS! You need to drink that [censored] on the rocks.

Bad Beat Maker 07-16-2007 09:08 AM

Steel Reserve is mandatory! Make em drink it while they play beer pong, hahahaha

TheSalche 07-16-2007 01:17 PM

Get to know whiskey and scotch well. Those drinks are much more forgiving then vodka and you actually get your monies worth when you pay more compared to vodka. I.E. difference between Ten High whiskey and Johnny Walker Black >>>> Gordon's and Grey Goose.

Bad Beat Maker 07-16-2007 07:52 PM

TheSalche speaks a great volume of wisdom in his post above.

Bigka79 07-20-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
college?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, no, yes/no, no, and yes. Joking, stock whatever you like.

In addition to Jager, Captain, and the mixers, my roommate and I get plenty of Crown and Skyy. We keep these around by the handle because they mix well and shots aren't too bad of any of them (although I usually avoid doing them with the above). We also keep fifths of Goldschlager, Level/Ketel One/Some other good vodka besides Goose because it sucks, and a few random bottles of whatever we felt like buying. Bottles of Godiva chocolate liqueur are really good to have for girls you actually like and to mix in with milk/white russians.

For beer my roommate and I try out a bunch of different kinds but consistently stock Red Stripe, Newcastle, Coors Original, and whatever combo of Miller/Busch lite for when a lot of people come over. Girls like Blue Moon.

If you ever need to make mass quantities of vat, get everclear or some other grain alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

can i come over

XXXNoahXXX 07-20-2007 09:33 AM

My current stock:
[*]Sint Maarten Guavaberry Rum
[*]151
[*]Kahlua
[*]Svedka
[*]Jameson
[*]Bailey's
[*]Amaretto
[*]Tangurey Rangpur
[*]Hennessey
[*]Walker Blue Label
[*]Few random bottles of wine
[*]Smithwick's
[*]Guiness
[*]Killian's
[*]Sparks
[*]Mixers

NozeCandy 07-22-2007 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...my roommate and I get plenty of Crown and Skyy. We keep these around by the handle because they mix well and shots aren't too bad of any of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha shots of Crown...AMATUERS! You need to drink that [censored] on the rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I generally don't do a ton of shots in my own house, but I'm saying if you had to that it's tolerable. Also, there are tons of better drinks to show status than Grey Goose. That stuff tastes like dogshit and it just comes off more toolish than anything. Patron is better on all fronts here.

NozeCandy 07-22-2007 07:27 AM

Also if you really want to be baller get some Lindemans Framboise. It's a Belgian Raspberry beer that's like $10-$11 a bottle and each individual bottle is corked. I wouldn't drink it to get drunk (too sweet to drink en masse), but it's a really, really good drink.

http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/produ...ns-fram-12.gif

AlphaFiveThree 07-22-2007 01:56 PM

You stock guinness as in cans?

Ok, well a big thing in the uk the past couple of summers has been cider, Bulmers and Magmers, served with ice was the nuts.

I would go with beer, lots of beer, but depending on the type of fanny you are bringing back i would always suggest the spirits and if you can try and buy some cocktail shakers and stock lots of ice and some fruit, mix it up a bit and act like cruise in cocktail, just don't try to be too fancy and [censored].

Luckboxer 07-23-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My current stock:
[*]Sint Maarten Guavaberry Rum
[*]151
[*]Kahlua
[*]Svedka
[*]Jameson
[*]Bailey's
[*]Amaretto
[*]Tangurey Rangpur
[*]Hennessey
[*]Walker Blue Label
[*]Few random bottles of wine
[*]Smithwick's
[*]Guiness
[*]Killian's
[*]Sparks
[*]Mixers

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be irish.

RobertJohn 07-23-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also if you really want to be baller get some Lindemans Framboise. It's a Belgian Raspberry beer that's like $10-$11 a bottle and each individual bottle is corked. I wouldn't drink it to get drunk (too sweet to drink en masse), but it's a really, really good drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've spent over 1k on these [censored] things in the last year - no joke. I'm not throwing parties either.

Peche>Framboise>Kreuk>Pomme

Me and my buddies combine:

http://www.thisnext.com/media/230x23...t_45CA3C1D.jpg

with

http://www.merchantduvin.com/images/...boise_bott.gif

to create what we call Chocolate Raspberries. Very hetero. Stop hating.

jupiterpig 07-25-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
busch light

[/ QUOTE ]
or what ever is on sale at the store when u go

Edge34 07-26-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've spent over 1k on these [censored] things in the last year - no joke. I'm not throwing parties either.

Peche>Framboise>Kreuk>Pomme

Me and my buddies combine:

http://www.thisnext.com/media/230x23...t_45CA3C1D.jpg

with

http://www.merchantduvin.com/images/...boise_bott.gif

to create what we call Chocolate Raspberries. Very hetero. Stop hating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes the Framboise Lambic. I first had it going through the World Beer Tour at Old Chicago and have loved it ever since. Amazingly good, and worth the $7 or so per bottle as a once in a while change of pace. I could easily see myself spending WAY too much on those.

smartalecc5 07-26-2007 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope this is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

it better be...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

cardsharkk04 07-26-2007 10:10 PM

Fruity beer is not balla