Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NCAAF Week 9 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531332)

Austiger 10-25-2007 09:21 PM

Re: NCAAF Week 9

I think May was questioning Miles's sanity after the call last week. His "on the mark" was for Miles's "good fortune" and for entertainment purposes only I believe. I'm pretty sure he laid into Miles after the call last week.

Poofler 10-25-2007 09:22 PM

Thank god we solved racism!

Austiger 10-25-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark May < Gary Danielson < Chris Spielman < Hitler

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope those are supposed to be greater than marks. May and Danielson>>>>>>>>Spielman.

NozeCandy 10-25-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG....how did Mark May say Les Miles is "On the Mark" for the way he managed last week's endgame? Apparently, Mr. May needs to read my blog on Miles' endgame blunder. Quit being results oriented in evaluating coaches Mr. May. Les Miles was a moron in that game and that is why he gets the rep he does.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that how he handled this was incorrect, but does Flynn taking forever to get off the play and the fact that the ball was caught was :03-:04 instead of the :01 the scorekeeper allowed to tick off to alleviate this somewhat? That said, with his kicker, I would not have done that.

I mean, I like the aggression and it's fun as hell to watch, but yeesh.

Riverman 10-25-2007 09:33 PM

BC may never score

MyTurn2Raise 10-25-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG....how did Mark May say Les Miles is "On the Mark" for the way he managed last week's endgame? Apparently, Mr. May needs to read my blog on Miles' endgame blunder. Quit being results oriented in evaluating coaches Mr. May. Les Miles was a moron in that game and that is why he gets the rep he does.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that how he handled this was incorrect, but does Flynn taking forever to get off the play and the fact that the ball was caught was :03-:04 instead of the :01 the scorekeeper allowed to tick off to alleviate this somewhat? That said, with his kicker, I would not have done that.

I mean, I like the aggression and it's fun as hell to watch, but yeesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...I fully expected him to get a FG off no matter what

even with that, it was terribly mismanaged

MyTurn2Raise 10-25-2007 09:42 PM

wow...great openfield tackle by V Tech on first down

terrible route-running to end up short on 3rd down

MyTurn2Raise 10-25-2007 09:42 PM

How dumb do you have to be to block in the back that blatantly?

NozeCandy 10-25-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How dumb do you have to be to block in the back that blatantly?

[/ QUOTE ]
This infuriates me all the time. It's called so so so much and players still do it allllllllll the time. You know it's the biggest thing refs are looking for on returns.

Austiger 10-25-2007 09:44 PM

I bet the net of all punt returns in the history of CFB would be higher if the returner would just take off straight upfield every time. That was just idiotic trying to dance back to the goal line.