Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Hired an Interior Designer (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479650)

Clarkmeister 08-17-2007 03:06 AM

Hired an Interior Designer

Any advice?

Got a guy who is really top notch. Recommended by a friend and was lead designer for parts of Bellagio, including Olives and the Bellagio Spa.

So far things seem to be going well. We walked through the appliccable areas, I told him what I was looking for and provided a budget. He seemed pretty excited by what he had to work with and took the job. I really like him so far, we get along pretty well.

Since then, he's come back, taken measurements and pictures and such, and will have a proposal for me in a few weeks.

Basically looking for any tips, ideas, experiences, etc that could help. I'll do some before and after pics once we get to that point.

edfurlong 08-17-2007 03:10 AM

Re: Hired an Interior Designer

No suggestions here, my mom made me buy a picture once. What basis do they use to come up with their pay for a job?

Clarkmeister 08-17-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No suggestions here, my mom made me buy a picture once. What basis do they use to come up with their pay for a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am told that usually it's a markup % on any items/services purchased. I am paying an hourly rate.

JaBlue 08-17-2007 03:21 AM

this thread needs before/after pics

Clarkmeister 08-17-2007 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread needs before/after pics

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I will post plenty of pics. He took lots of before pics already, I'll use those at some point.

I'm about 2 weeks away from his proposal, so maybe I'll post some that I take myself prior to then.

El Diablo 08-17-2007 03:24 AM

Clark,

Is he doing art too, or just furniture and "stuff" ?

Also, he's gay, right?

Clarkmeister 08-17-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

Is he doing art too, or just furniture and "stuff" ?

Also, he's gay, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't asked him to do art, and there's not tons of space for it. But it's not out of the question. He got super excited when I volunteered that I thought paint and window treatments could help.

As for sexual preference, I'm told he is, but obviously it hasn't come up and I wouldn't have necessarily guessed it without being told prior.

tubasteve 08-17-2007 03:49 AM

Don't let him trick you into believing you really need 10 throw pillows adorning every room.

Clarkmeister 08-17-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't let him trick you into believing you really need 10 throw pillows adorning every room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I currently have lots of throw pillows. I kind of like them. Maybe he'll have me get rid of a few.

tubasteve 08-17-2007 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I currently have lots of throw pillows. I kind of like them. Maybe he'll have me get rid of a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at least he can help you pick out some really classy ones.