Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   M2TR shortstacker illuminati thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542966)

MyTurn2Raise 11-10-2007 03:02 PM

M2TR shortstacker illuminati thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
off-topic,

I've been thinking of an experiment
great shortstackers pretty much uniformly claim how unique and valuable their information is. Thus, they haven't posted any of it. I know about 80% of it from quite a bit of success shortstacking myself. One could apply themselves and in a month have a 5 figure per month income working 35 hour weeks. However, this might destroy the poker games that regular full-stackies depend on.

I'm thinking about just posting guidelines, charts, hand histories and everything I have on shortstacking to see if the info really is that valuable.

If it is that valuable, I expect someone to buy me off before I post it all.

</delusionsofgrandeur>

[/ QUOTE ]

is it against 2p2 T&C to offer for sale a "shortstacking playbook" in BBV?

[/ QUOTE ]

guess it isn't allowed

i asked in "about the forums"
thread got deleted I guess
I hoped it was going to the mod forum for discussion, but I never heard anything and the link to the thread no longer works

King Spew 11-10-2007 04:47 PM

Re: M2TR shortstacker illuminati thread

Can I post something like "Die shortstackers, Die" ?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The changing face of online poker has produced a boatload of playahs "trying" to effectively shortstack.

Fortunately, few do it well.

edit: I DO believe that if a really great Shortstacking Bible were ever produced and copied here or on another prominent web site, the online game would evolve a bit closer to a game I would not like to play.

bottomset 11-10-2007 05:03 PM

diebitter
iponnet
eseehcehtlla
soah
hklm8383
orhtnax
rikakazak
theprodigy
sabr42
too easy
acecr9
calleddownlight
kurtsf
eihcuorg
ryancmu
splitsuit
demon102
illini43
effen

*had to cheat a little, bastards here don't have enough names beginning with e

Mike Kelley 11-10-2007 05:24 PM

So what is this thread?

Are you offering to answer questions about shortstacking?

Or is this a terrorist threat to destroy the game of poker?

phydaux 11-10-2007 06:28 PM

I still say we should create a sort of "MIT Poker Team" and bring the poker web sites to their knees.

Grinding2Ecstasy 11-10-2007 06:29 PM

DIE SHORTSTACKERS DIE.

That said, it's not like it can't be countered by a thinking human being who takes notes, datamines, and can estimate shortstacker ranges.

diebitter 11-10-2007 06:40 PM

Final warning: any more 'die shortstackers die' will result in suspensions.

Reason for this thread: I got tired of M2TR derailing the thread about how different stack sizes should affect the way you play with his 'supersecret shortstacking stuff' musings. He can do it in here if he wants.

PS. Yes, I do SS sometimes, but only as a change of pace now and again, and more importantly to make sure I keep the mind of a shortstacker available in my repertoire. Helps to spot good and bad ones, and take their moneys accordingly, mkay?

Ulkis 11-10-2007 07:40 PM

I like to play in a table where there is a mix of players, 60% SS'ers is fine, also don't mind playing if all others at the table are SS'ers. Steady cash flow and if they leave the table other ones take their place. Plenty of 'em where they come from!

It is the 1 or 2 good fullstackers that irritate me instead, coming between me and the moolah.

Like right now, playing 25NL, I liked the table but had to wait some time for this good player to leave so I could make some money. I was between $23-$31 all the time, he was just plain dominating the table and changing the dynamics for me. Inside 10 minutes after he left I was up to $45.

Eggpie 11-10-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
diebitter
iponnet
eseehcehtlla
soah
hklm8383
orhtnax
rikakazak
theprodigy
sabr42
too easy
acecr9
calleddownlight
kurtsf
eihcuorg
ryancmu
splitsuit
demon102
illini43
effen

*had to cheat a little, bastards here don't have enough names beginning with e

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed me out :P though i'm full stacking again at the moment

phydaux 11-10-2007 07:56 PM

I'm still playing uNL, 25NL at the moment. 25NL on Stars is littered with short stackers. Bad ones. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The only short stacker I fear is one that I have seen shove on the flop. Fortunately, these seem to be few and far between. So many times I see shorties limp-call a PFR, then check-fold to a c-bet. Playing "hit-to-win" is not the way to make money as a shortie. In fact, it's exactly how most bad shorties go broke.

If I were to give advice to short stackers, and that's something I've been known to do over on the Beginner's forum, I would say the best thing they could do is to shove on the flop more regularly, even if all they have is two unimproved overcards.