Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   25/50 Hollywood Park, semi-bluff multi-way in small pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524422)

mterry 10-16-2007 05:04 PM

25/50 Hollywood Park, semi-bluff multi-way in small pot

Table is filled with the LP regulars. UTG+1 limps, CO limps, SB completes, I check J6o in the BB.

Flop KT3r, checks all around
Turn Q, bet, I raise...

gaming_mouse 10-16-2007 05:09 PM

Re: 25/50 Hollywood Park, semi-bluff multi-way in small pot

no.

HOWMANY 10-16-2007 05:14 PM

Putting 2 bets into a pot with 3 bets in it against someone who probably has a pair is usually not a good idea. It usually gets even worse when there are two players behind you.

private joker 10-16-2007 06:14 PM

Try not to spew chips in small pots. This turn is an easy fold.

gaming_mouse 10-16-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try not to spew chips in small pots. This turn is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think you have more than 1 bet in implied odds if you hit, and with the players behind you?

private joker 10-16-2007 06:21 PM

No. Live players always fear broadway straights, especially if you've made a one-card straight. I think far more often you'll be chopping if you hit and bet and get paid off. So I think we need like 3 bets in implied odds to make up for the chopping effect and the possibility that plenty of our outs are discounted/tainted/dead.

What's the point in drawing to a one-card OESD in a tiny pot on a board where someone could already have the nuts?

mterry 10-16-2007 06:33 PM

Thanks for the responses.

So I get cold-called by EP, and the other two players fold.

River K...

AragornX151 10-16-2007 06:37 PM

At this point, you definitely have to bet again, he could easily also have a J or some such hand and fold. He'll definitely fold enough here to make it worth betting. Agree with the majority that turn is an easy fold.

sternroolz 10-16-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, you definitely have to bet again, he could easily also have a J or some such hand and fold. He'll definitely fold enough here to make it worth betting. Agree with the majority that turn is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a pair, I don't these types are folding. Eh 6:1. It's close, but I think you don't get these types to lay down enough here. Meh. I hate the entire hand.

AragornX151 10-16-2007 07:02 PM

He normally won't fold, but he will enough getting 6:1. These types actually WILL lay down TJ or something sometimes because they assume you wouldn't have raised the turn without a made hand, and that they'll outsmart you and save that bet. But I hate the hand too, and you only have to bet because you've gotten yourself into this predicament.