Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA getting c/r vs unknown (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541340)

Jay_Whufc 11-08-2007 01:13 PM

AA getting c/r vs unknown

Villain unknown, only my 3rd hand at table.
Is this shove/fold only?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $49.25
SB: $24.05
BB: $52.75
UTG: $31
MP: $46
CO: $87.85

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $2

Flop: ($5.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $14.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero

Logun 11-08-2007 01:35 PM

Re: AA getting c/r vs unknown

I don't see too many people c/r their FD OOP so I would lead towards set here and you without a redraw. Other options are 9xcc

I might shove here and take notes on the hand

PepsPersson 11-08-2007 01:37 PM

Logun: Could you eloborate why you shove with that thought process?

WhiteWolf 11-08-2007 01:45 PM

It's looking like he wants to play for stacks here. This puts us smack dab in the center of the dilemma overpairs w/mid sized stacks always face when they're played back at. Calling and folding to future action means we put in 1/3 of our stack just to give up, pushing ourselves really should only get called by hands that beat us, and folding to his check raise means we fold the best hand a good percentage of the time. Vs. an unknown, I think I give it up and watch him closely in the future to see how often he plays back at the preflop aggressor.

ArtieFish 11-08-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see too many people c/r their FD OOP so I would lead towards set here and you without a redraw. Other options are 9xcc

I might shove here and take notes on the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I c/r the nut flush draw a lot against TAGs, but since you don't know much about this guy, seems like a set. If you're planning on playing for a while, I agree with the latter.

fuze 11-08-2007 02:20 PM

With no reads on opponent I fold this. Looks like a set to me.

Baintz 11-08-2007 02:37 PM

If you fear set every time an opponent c/r when you have AA, you'll get run over.
This could be an over pair, a flush draw with 2 overs, middle pair, air.
I call and looking to get it in on a safe turn.

Kingz22 11-08-2007 02:58 PM

ALL IN. I've seen KK and QQ do that exact same thing. Once in a while, AK and TT will pull something like that. Then again I play the 10 nl =)

CobraGoat 11-08-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you fear set every time an opponent c/r when you have AA, you'll get run over.
This could be an over pair, a flush draw with 2 overs, middle pair, air.
I call and looking to get it in on a safe turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

safe turn IMO being non-spade, T or 5 turn, then get it in.

Logun 11-08-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Logun: Could you eloborate why you shove with that thought process?

[/ QUOTE ]

yah sorry I didn't post enough -

this could very easily be 2 overs +FD for him and he might be a good player that knows he is now the fav. He conversly might also be a donkey whom thinks that A9 is the nuts right now. I think his range is laege enough that you still might have as much as 50% equity in this pot.

A shove here is a bit reckless so I also don't mind a turn shove on a non 5, T or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn.

People wake up with all kinds of crap in these situations, but I'm not sure 2 pairs fits. A combo draw might fit and a set definitely does. Given the combo draw possible I think your equity is fairly decent on a shove.