Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tough Multiway flop OOP, some help? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=90181)

LLKOOLK1 04-18-2006 12:30 AM

Tough Multiway flop OOP, some help?

Blinds 20/40, 2nd level with no real reads.

MP2(1850) raises to 120, Button(1300) calls
Hero(1600) calls in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB(1400) calls also

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

POT=480
What would your play be here against 3 unknown players early in 17K gntd tourney?(maybe that will helop with an idea of what kind of competition your up against)

Would you lead the flop where do you think you are aginst the 3 other possible hands?
-LL

Exitonly 04-18-2006 12:41 AM

Re: Tough Multiway flop OOP, some help?

i c/r push

LLKOOLK1 04-18-2006 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i c/r push

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I like that. Is that requardless of what the action is after I check?
-LL

A_Junglen 04-18-2006 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i c/r push

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I like that. Is that requardless of what the action is after I check?
-LL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea..the only hand that has you absolutely crushed is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Qx

Spee 04-18-2006 10:16 AM

How is this a tough flop? Ok sure you're a major dog against any AQ and minor dog against any KK (unlikely), JJ, or TT. But you're actually favored against an AK as long as the Ace isn't clubs. You're a big fave against any AJ or AT, and huge if the Ace isn't clubs. Obviously you have any smaller pair dominated.

As Exit suggested, I'm either check-raise shoving on this flop, or value betting into the preflop raiser with the intention of getting all my stuff in there on a raise.

There is a very good chance that your hand is the best here or has a chance to improve to the nuts.

Normally, I am going to bet out from here. The main reason is that I don't want everyone else to check because of the scary board and then have someone hit a miracle turn card.

Check-raising is an option, but personally I do not prefer to check-raise in a multi-way pot. I prefer to check-raise when the hand is head-up or no more than 3-way. The reason for this is that by the time two players have their chips in, then it may become worthwhile for a third or fourth player to call.

I'm okay with the pot being 4-way preflop, but I sure don't want it 4-way on the turn.

04-18-2006 10:18 AM

Why is c/r push preferrable to 3-bet all-in here?

LLKOOLK1 04-18-2006 11:41 AM

Thanks guys, In the actual hand I thought it was best to lead right out. I bet out 400 and the BB folded, original raiser pushed and the button folded.
I called and lost to Ac Jd when the river brought a 2c.
Im not complaing about the result, I'm just trying to get some other opinions on how to play a strong hand/huge draw OOP in a multiway pot. I bet the flop with a pretty good idea that I was going to be moved in on, that's why I was kinda interested in anskys CR push.
Thanks
Ps-you don't think that's a tough flop OOP? I can think of a few hands that I'm behind, and could be drawing virtually dead to, and other hands that I am still behind that I have to catch up to.
-LL