Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Is whoring profitable on a 12k roll?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448658)

spacebetween 07-11-2007 03:10 PM

Is whoring profitable on a 12k roll??

Back when I was playing limit a year ago I would bonuswhore all the time (which means I have an account on most old sites). I've been playing on party/stars for a while. A mix of nl 200 and 400. I'm a losing player at nl 400 but I'm gonna take a shot again when I get to 14-16k, which might be soon depending on how I run. I used to play on party and have rakeback but I don't anymore. For those who still do it, would it be worth it to go for bonus whoring playing medium stakes or its a waste of time? I'm wondering cause even at nl 200 I'm often +-1k everyday so a 100$ bonus is kinda insignificant... its not even a 25ptbb pot.

Manchild84 07-11-2007 03:20 PM

Re: Is whoring profitable on a 12k roll??

Well, $100 is $100. Depends what price you put on the inconvenience of moving funds around, etc... Move to a site where you get rakeback instead?

seanjay 07-11-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, $100 is $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Like to OP I'm a former limit player who used to have accounts on all sites. Due to difficulties moving money around I now stick to primarily one site although I have active accounts on 3. If any of these three sites offer a bonus I will take advantage of it. However it would take something pretty special to get me to deposit at a new site to take advantage of a bonus. A regular site with rb works fine for me.

Pontuan21 07-11-2007 03:53 PM

If moving money is not a problem, (eg. can still use Neteller) get Sun Poker rakeback. Also, bonuses are not deducted from rb, monthly reload up to $1000. Better players though.

solucky 07-11-2007 05:01 PM

If u are not from US Ongame and the cryptos might be worth it. Ongame offer endless bonus so you get around 35-45% RB, depends on your style. As a LAG maybe 50-60%.

bkkdude 07-11-2007 10:06 PM

whring is profitable if you just dont lose too much........lol.
i am at this stage now.
i cant progress any further as i get beat by too many 1-4 otters. evrey other day.

whoring doesnt make sense if you play higher stakes as percentage wise it just doesnt mean a whole lot. you better off just trying to win.

SinkRox 07-12-2007 07:55 AM

I worked my way whoring from 20nl to 200nl and still whore. Just look for bigger bonuses of 500-1.5k

sonneti 07-12-2007 08:50 AM

With 12k I think your overall hourly rate would be better just putting the hours in playing & table selecting instead of wasting time hunting out bonuses. Get a good cake back deal, with a little imagination it shouldnt be too hard to get [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

graarrg 07-12-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whring is profitable if you just dont lose too much........lol.
i am at this stage now.
i cant progress any further as i get beat by too many 1-4 otters. evrey other day.

whoring doesnt make sense if you play higher stakes as percentage wise it just doesnt mean a whole lot. you better off just trying to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought "otter" was a new term for something that eats "fish"... but I couldn't figure out what a "1-4 otter was" (like a 30/20 TAG?) until I realized you were saying "outer."

And then I realized that your post was just whining about bad beetz instead of introducing me to a new concept.

xxSTWxx 07-13-2007 09:39 AM

If you can play there, cryptos prob offer the best deal.

RB + bonus = about $30/hour 6 tabling.

Players are tighter that some other sites, but still very exploitable.