Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sporting troll PLO8Killer (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549352)

xorbie 11-18-2007 10:47 PM

Sporting troll PLO8Killer

Can we ban this fool? If you post in SE you know what I'm talking about.

hra146 11-19-2007 09:07 AM

Re: Sporting troll PLO8Killer

My search engine (or me) is being retarded today. You dont mean "PLO8facekilla" do you?

(I do expect you to be competent enough to actually give us the right nick, but there is this silent hope inside me that you mean PLO8facekilla cause the guy is a complete tard)

xorbie 11-19-2007 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO8facekilla

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sorry, this is the right one.

tuq 11-19-2007 09:46 AM

I'm 99% sure I posted about this somewhere in this forum already (where he wasn't the subject).

While Sports does self-mod, it is a problem when posters like this come along in a real-time type thread where the tensions are running high. This clown did his best to wreck the Indy-Chargers thread last week and I don't know what he's up to now that zorbie's pissed about. User "Jessica + some numbers after that" did the same thing during the World Series. People were clamoring to get these people banned but I couldn't touch them. Even though they needed a time out it would be another Yeti-Assani thing, i.e. a bad idea. We should at least be given discretion to temp ban obvious trolls like these.

xorbie 11-19-2007 09:49 AM

More of the same (trolling during Pats/Bills). I'd at least want him banned for a day or two with a warning to stop trolling.

tuq 11-19-2007 02:35 PM

I just blazed through that thread to see his posts (CTRL + F FTW). Definitely as it stands the Sports forum is very well modded (less is more) but it does allow for tards like him to derail an entire thread with provocative/trollish comments. I'd support some sort of 12 hour/1 day out of forum ban + PM an admin or at least a "repeat offender" thing where these people can't keep wrecking things. Unfortunately the Yeti/Assani thing seems to have clouded matters.

Mostly I'm annoyed that they can get away with it, where in a more mod-heavy forum they'd get tossed before too long.

NT! 11-19-2007 08:15 PM

while we're at it can someone get semtex a ballgag, that guy is retarded

tuq 11-19-2007 08:50 PM

No clue what you mean w/r/t Semtex. He came on my radar for the first time just today in the NBA thread and seems perfectly fine. Please don't lump him in with obvious trolls like the subject of the OP or you'd have to nuke the entire Sports forum.

xorbie 11-19-2007 11:40 PM

Ok... SE mods are not around it seems. We have numerous mods who post in SE and I think pretty much every regular poster agree this guy needs a good slap around with the ban stick. Do we just move on this or what?

JaredL 11-19-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok... SE mods are not around it seems. We have numerous mods who post in SE and I think pretty much every regular poster agree this guy needs a good slap around with the ban stick. Do we just move on this or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not sporting events mods and this is far from an emergency so no.