Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   My (admittedly stupid) Jason Campbell bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546302)

Tyler Durden 11-14-2007 07:21 PM

My (admittedly stupid) Jason Campbell bet

I was discussing his progress w/ some friends today (none of whom are Redskins fans, several of which are Redskins haters) and none of them are too impressed w/ him. His career statistics: 16 starts, 3,000 yards, 57% completion percentage, 19 TDs, 13 INTs, 78.4 passer rating.

They all said they'd rather have Eli Manning (whose passer rating through his first 16 games is slightly worse than that of JC) if they had to choose a QB to build a team around (the debate was only Eli versus JC, no other QBs were in the discussion). I said that we should let JC have as many starts as Eli has had and then we'd reevaluate. I'd love to get some opinions on this, especially from those that have seen a fair amount of film on both of these guys.

Anyway, somehow it bastardized into me making this bet: If Jason Campbell is the Redskins opening day starter in 2010, my buddy has to buy a Campbell jersey and wear it every Sunday of that football season. I get to keep the jersey after the season is over. If Campbell is not the starter due to his ineffectiveness, I have to wear a jersey of my friend's choosing (jerseys of Michael Vick, O.J. Simpson, Pacman Jones, etc. notwithstanding) on every Sunday of that football season. The bet is a push if Campbell is on the bench due to injury or if his progress between now and then is slowed by a major injury (torn ACL/MCL, torn rotator cuff, etc.).

Ready, set, go.

g-bebe 11-14-2007 07:24 PM

Re: My (admittedly stupid) Jason Campbell bet

I assume you win if he's starting for a non-Redskin team?

Tyler Durden 11-14-2007 07:26 PM

I believe I do, but I should definitely clarify that with him. Thanks.

What do you think of the JC/Eli debate? Thanks.

BillNye 11-14-2007 07:26 PM

This bet is sweet.

Basically you get a free jersey, if you lose you get to wear a Vick or Pacman jersey, both are also sweet and get lots of cool reactions.

I say you win way over 50% of the time plus if you win you get alot more than what you risk if you lose. Free Jersey > wearing a dumb jersey.

BillNye 11-14-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe I do, but I should definitely clarify that with him. Thanks.

What do you think of the JC/Eli debate? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fairly close but JC > Eli prob.

tarheeljks 11-14-2007 07:30 PM

hmm, too close to call imo.

Tyler Durden 11-14-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This bet is sweet.

Basically you get a free jersey, if you lose you get to wear a Vick or Pacman jersey, both are also sweet and get lots of cool reactions.

I say you win way over 50% of the time plus if you win you get alot more than what you risk if you lose. Free Jersey > wearing a dumb jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it seems like a fun bet to me as well. But my buddy is not allowed to choose a Pacman Jones/O.J. Simpson/Mike Vick jersey.

kyleb 11-14-2007 07:32 PM

KUBIAK really likes Campbell. I think you're in good shape, actually.

Tyler Durden 11-14-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KUBIAK really likes Campbell. I think you're in good shape, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is KUBIAK? Gary?

I really like Campbell too. I think that the coaching staff has been holding him back and I think he'd be performing better if he was given more control over the offense.

FlyWf 11-14-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This bet is sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it seems like a fun bet to me as well. But my buddy is not allowed to choose a Pacman Jones/O.J. Simpson/Mike Vick jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so ridiculous that Pacman Jones(who is just an [censored]) somehow managed to get grouped in with someone who drowns dogs and someone who killed two people.