Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Poker Boot Camps, are they worth it? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537287)

CincyLady 11-02-2007 11:24 PM

Poker Boot Camps, are they worth it?

I've been considering attending either a WPT or WSOP boot camp, and I was wondering:

1) Has anyone from here ever attended one of these?

2) If so, what was your experience like?

3) Did it help you better yourself in Poker?

4) If you attended both a WPT and WSOP Boot camp, which one did you find was a better run program?

5) Lastly, do either of them give you any one on one coaching?

Hipsdontlie69 11-02-2007 11:30 PM

Re: Poker Boot Camps, are they worth it?

I did a Limit Holdem CAsh Game boot camp 3 yrs ago, its more of a 2 day potluck with this Asian guy who is dead now.

CincyLady 11-08-2007 09:16 PM

Did I maybe post this in the wrong forum? It doesn't appear that many here have been to poker boot camps.

What forum would someone suggest to repost this, where I might get a better response?

Bond18 11-08-2007 09:33 PM

This is going to sound very elitist and is a massive generalization, but i wouldn't pay to learn from live pros when there are a ton of guys who will answer your questions around here for free.

I pretty much wouldn't pay to learn from live pro's period unless they collected some insane line up of Ivey, Greenstein, Baldwin or something.

Killingbird 11-08-2007 09:44 PM

i have not attended a bootcamp, but i would if the teachers included bond, deeb, etc.

Imagine the evening festivities.

Hey wait...this is actually not a bad idea.

rothko 11-08-2007 09:49 PM

boot camps are more for poker tourists. just get private coaching; it's less money and you can get a much better coach.

Clayton 11-08-2007 09:49 PM

not once in my life have i ever even considered going to a WPT bootcamp.

I mean, the intent of a bootcamp is for people to spend money to listen to these pros run seminars.

frankly, for the amount they charge their advice is garbage. you should spend your money instead on something like cardrunners, PXFactor, or stoxpoker.

felixleong 11-08-2007 10:13 PM

why spend $$ where u can get everything u need to know about poker here just by asking and reading [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JP OSU 11-08-2007 10:16 PM

These cost what like 3k?... You could buy like 10 hrs of Ansky coaching for that... Much better deal imo...

Clayton 11-08-2007 10:18 PM

seriously, for 3k worth ansky could turn you into a big winner at any game except maybe MSNL/HSNL, and at least enough to have 6 fig years if you have a simple grasp of poker.

and instead people give 3k to annie duke so she can tell them about "counting outs". sweet!