Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Stack-a-donk in 3b pot? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549738)

ajmargarine 11-19-2007 12:52 PM

Stack-a-donk in 3b pot?

Villain is a TAGfish regular. Probably a small winner in the games. Hero hasn't been out of line. I've 3b a few times PF but haven't seen a flop yet.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $197.15
MP: $168.80
CO: $233.25
BTN: $359.65
Hero (SB): $294.10
BB: $119.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24</font>, 1 fold, BTN calls $17

Flop: ($50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $37</font>, BTN calls $37

Turn: ($117) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $233.10 all-in</font>...

Thoughts?

johnnybeef 11-19-2007 12:58 PM

Re: Stack-a-donk in 3b pot?

I doubt you are folding out anything that you are ahead of except maaaaaaybe AQ. The thing that I do like about this line is that you are getting value from 88 and 99. However, I would tend to think that he may check behind with those hands a bit more. I would say that this is slightly towards the neg ev side but overall good for metagame.

Chicago Twister 11-19-2007 12:58 PM

I dunno. There seem to be more hands in the range AA-QQ/KQ+ than A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] type hands.

Jay Riall 11-19-2007 01:00 PM

Meh, I'd call and c/f river prob. Pretty lame spot.

KeanuReaver 11-19-2007 01:01 PM

depending on how much i think this guy will bluff, i like calling down much more. i'd put his range almost entirely on low to mid pp's and given the turn Q and him opting to bet i think he's choosing to turn his hand into a bluff rather than play for showdown value.

manupod 11-19-2007 01:02 PM

I think it's pretty close. A bet is probably going to fold a lot of hands we beat like 88 that might bet the turn, and giving them a free card isn't horrible.

I think the best reason for doing this is when we have AK and give up on the turn...our turn c/r in this spot makes us much more difficult to play against.

Of course, he's going to have AQs, KQs, AA-QQ, too. But that's the nature of the game. A turn c/f is also fine, in my opinion. But I really don't like a lead at all.

sneaker 11-19-2007 01:10 PM

I would rather lead the turn, so you get to know where you are at in the hand. If a weak TAG raises or calls you are propably beat and you lay down the hand.
Here you risk your whole stack on a bluff and villains line looks very strong.

nazahl 11-19-2007 01:13 PM

I like it with history. he's probably frustrated

ajmargarine 11-19-2007 01:23 PM

Your thoughts on these thoughts:

--I think he's going to 4b KK+ a fair amount of the time pf given that we are around 150bb's. And the Q falling knocks off some QQ hands he might hold.

--I think if I lead turn strong, he's folding all worse hands including flush draws.

--I think if I check turn, he puts me on AK and a TAGfish often will bet in that spot to take it down. So, imo he folds 99 to a bet from me but bets it himself when I check.

--I could c/c turn but what's the merit in that? He's not betting his 9's again on the river. And if he does have a flush draw, which I think he'd also bet turn with, I might as well charge him.

--And if he has a better hand, well that happens sometimes.

johnnybeef 11-19-2007 01:32 PM

I agree with points 1 through 3 and a lead is pretty much not good. I think that a shove may be slightly better than cc cuz you are going to get looked up by 99 and tt here every once in a while but im not totally sold on that.