Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Madden's football knowledge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554671)

Golden_Rhino 11-26-2007 03:47 AM

Madden\'s football knowledge

NT! 11-26-2007 03:51 AM

Re: Madden\'s football knowledge

kind of a weird arbitrary number. also, madden hasn't coached in a while, it may be that some of the most cutting edge concepts have moved beyond him. i mean i am sure he has forgotten more about football than i will ever know, but he has also forgotten a lot because he is old and crazy.

Golden_Rhino 11-26-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kind of a weird arbitrary number. also, madden hasn't coached in a while, it may be that some of the most cutting edge concepts have moved beyond him. i mean i am sure he has forgotten more about football than i will ever know, but he has also forgotten a lot because he is old and crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I shoulda probably phrased it as "excluding top level coaches, Madden knows more about football than pretty much anyone."

THAY3R 11-26-2007 03:55 AM

Don't confuse Madden with Morgan.

Madden says dumb things sometimes mainly because he's getting old and senile, but he knows his football.

Pudge714 11-26-2007 04:13 AM

I would 250 know more, but not 500.

WhoIam 11-26-2007 11:06 AM

Has Madden gotten worse this year? I can only watch the Sunday and Monday night games on regular TV so the majority of games I see have Madden commentary. I don't remember him seeming so senile in the past.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-26-2007 11:17 AM

he's paid to be entertaining and a goofball, and to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

he's probably become a parody of himself..I would bet that if you watched a recording of his first few seasons, he would be much better.

but, the guy was an extremely succesfull HC in the NFL for 10 years, and that really doesn't happen by accident. he's also in the HOF as a coach. I don't know how many people know more than him, but it's probably < .1% of the people who criticize him.

kkcountry 11-26-2007 11:18 AM

madden knows more football than anybody else in his age bracket

mbillie1 11-26-2007 11:21 AM

madden is still the best commentator by far imo... even when he's dumb and senile he's at least entertaining. most of the announcers for fox, etc are just awful

capone0 11-26-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
madden is still the best commentator by far imo... even when he's dumb and senile he's at least entertaining. most of the announcers for fox, etc are just awful

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaws is way better. Maybe he isn't a commentator though. He's just a football library.