Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who played well or badly at the 2007 WSOP ME FT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523897)

betgo 10-16-2007 12:20 AM

Who played well or badly at the 2007 WSOP ME FT

I have my opinion. Someone in HSMTT said no one played well.

Dima2000123 10-16-2007 12:34 AM

Re: Who played well or badly at the 2007 WSOP ME FT

Yang is the only one who played well (or, more correctly, to the best of his rather limited abilities). Most everyone else played poorly, and I'll even include Kravchenko. It doesn't take much skill to pushbot, which he did well. However, when deep he played weakly, and that ultimately doomed him.

Hollywade 10-16-2007 03:17 AM

It is difficult to judge simply based on the ESPN coverage. Some people only got one or two hands televised. I really can't see how people would think Yang played badly. I don't recall seeing him get the money in bad very often.

Hilm made mistakes in every hand they showed of his. Watkinson made a huge mistake in his one hand. Childs made a very bad mistake and another lesser mistake.

I think the biggest blunder I saw was Lee Childs folding queens.

gobboboy 10-16-2007 05:12 AM

Kravchenko played really well from what I saw. Khan played well too but probably too passively judging by the table. His bustout hand had a few flaws but getting the money in effectively preflop is by no means bad at ALL.

Yang played like [censored], end of story. He played ridiculously exploitably.

automat 10-16-2007 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kravchenko played really well from what I saw. Khan played well too but probably too passively judging by the table. His bustout hand had a few flaws but getting the money in effectively preflop is by no means bad at ALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100 %.

btw, i heard that every 1st or 2nd place finisher in a major tournament has to be a huge donk who got very lucky ...

nhWPjstUnLKy 10-16-2007 06:08 AM

kravchenko played well.. getting his money in on the right times
I'm sick that Yang won this, worst player..

Dima2000123 10-16-2007 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it's another testament to how bad everyone else was playing if no one got around to exploiting Yang's play. As for Kravchenko, did you watch on PPV the period when he went from 35 mil chips to 20 mil chips, before he busted on a coin flip? There wasn't a big hand where he lost it all, he did it in little chunks at a time, often without even seeing the flop.

Bonified 10-16-2007 09:17 AM

This is the thing. Anyone who only saw the ESPN show (and that includes me) really doesn't have enough info to make a judgement.

killsadie 10-16-2007 09:38 AM

yang obv played the best?

KRS ONE 10-16-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yang obv ran the best?

[/ QUOTE ]