Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Theory post: How do I increase my Win$WSF? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532032)

Chaser8 10-26-2007 04:28 PM

Theory post: How do I increase my Win$WSF?

My win$wsf is only 39%. Judging from what Luegofuego said in The Well in the small stakes forum, 39 is way too low, and it should be around 46%, which is huge to me.

What are the main factors that contribute to a higher win$wsf? Right now, I know that I have to cbet more flops, cbet more 3bet flops, and double barrel more (which I very rarely do). What are some other ways of increasing the times I win money when I see the flop?

JKratzer 10-26-2007 04:29 PM

Re: Theory post: How do I increase my Win$WSF?

stop worrying about stats so much

Chaser8 10-26-2007 04:32 PM

I don't dwell on it, but a bad stat is indicative of leaks in my game, is it not?

I want to do everything I can to improve my bottom line.

Sorry Kratzer, but I hate the advice that just tells people to "don't worry about it." It's not how we improve.

Paul B. 10-26-2007 04:34 PM

Only stat you have to worry about is PTBB/100.

d2themfi 10-26-2007 04:35 PM

stats theoretically are important. However the problem is is that most people dont understand the true extent of variance and the sample size needed to make variance minuscule. And even once you have a good enough sample size then you have to take into account that over that sample your game has probably changed a lot so the individual stats aren't all that important.

xorbie 10-26-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
double barrel more (which I very rarely do).

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like you know what your problem is.

Chaser8 10-26-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stats theoretically are important. However the problem is is that most people dont understand the true extent of variance and the sample size needed to make variance minuscule. And even once you have a good enough sample size then you have to take into account that over that sample your game has probably changed a lot so the individual stats aren't all that important.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a discussion of whehther or not individual stats are important. The point is: I stand to benefit by looking deeper into my game than if I sit by and say "oh, that's just variance, it probably doesn't matter." If you want to chalk up possible problematic areas in your game as "variance," I guess I really can't convince you otherwise.

Chaser8 10-26-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
double barrel more (which I very rarely do).

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like you know what your problem is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think the double barrel is one of the bigger things I need to work on.

But what else? I'd like to break this down..

craig1120 10-26-2007 05:03 PM

Push every flop you see.

Or don't worry about it and try to play every hand as +EV as possible and let those stats take care of themselves.

Requin 10-26-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't dwell on it, but a bad stat is indicative of leaks in my game, is it not?

[/ QUOTE ]Barely
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Kratzer, but I hate the advice that just tells people to "don't worry about it." It's not how we improve.

[/ QUOTE ] You won't improve this way (or you will barely improve). It's almost impossible to pinpoint leaks by just looking at stats, that's why you get this response so often and that's why higher stakes players don't really bother discussing it. Like 99% of missed or negative EV comes from individual bad decisions, not from 'general' things. Work on your reasoning for making each play instead of perceived trends in your game.