Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   House to Debate Impeachement of Vice President Cheney? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539848)

Dynasty 11-06-2007 05:05 PM

House to Debate Impeachement of Vice President Cheney?

For some time, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (also Presidential candidate) has been trying to orchestrate an impeachement of the Vice President. Naturally, the Republicans opposed this. Democratic House leadership also opposed the idea since it was the agenda of the far left and seems unlikely to have any popular support from middle-America.

A vote today in the House was supposed to end with Kucinich's efforts being tabled and effectively killed. However, it appears Republicans have switched votes in large #s, presumably to give the far-left an opportunity to expose their radicalism without actually putting Cheney at risk.

The vote is still in progress.

j555 11-06-2007 05:06 PM

Re: House to Debate Impeachement of Vice President Cheney?

I don't think this will get to a debate, but it seems like Republicans did want to embarass them.

Scary_Tiger 11-06-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, it appears Republicans have switched votes in large #s, presumably to give the far-left an opportunity to expose their radicalism without actually putting Cheney at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe Republicans realize their party is in trouble and Cheney has disgraced it and they might extricate themselves more smoothly from this history if they have a fall guy?

Dynasty 11-06-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, it appears Republicans have switched votes in large #s, presumably to give the far-left an opportunity to expose their radicalism without actually putting Cheney at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe Republicans realize their party is in trouble and Cheney has disgraced it and they might extricate themselves more smoothly from this history if they have a fall guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's definitely not the reason.

They're hoping to expose the far left's influence over the Democratic Party.

Bump_Bailey 11-06-2007 05:13 PM

i ll be interested to see what Dr. Paul has to say about all this.

adios 11-06-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the impeachable offense again? Disgracing the Republican party? Ok, I'll bet that doesn't work to well.

nyc999 11-06-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's definitely not the reason.

They're hoping to expose the far left's influence over the Democratic Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Kucinich will get one hour on the floor sometime tomorrow or Thursday, then it will be tabled. I don't think this will have a large impact on the Democrats, since I would expect a large percentage of them will also vote to table the bill.

adios 11-06-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i ll be interested to see what Dr. Paul has to say about all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand about Ron Paul is that he'd require an actual impeachable offense with some eveidence to back it up. Mind you Kucinich might have something, we shall see. Doubt this goes very far but maybe.

Bump_Bailey 11-06-2007 05:20 PM

EDIT: i am confused to what is going on.

j555 11-06-2007 05:23 PM

Vote to refer to committee. This should pass.