Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   3 barrels deep vs. Shpanko (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537604)

Novles 11-03-2007 02:35 PM

3 barrels deep vs. Shpanko

Villain is bamyeah, a good TAG regular. I'm playing maybe 23/20 or so at this table and have been 3betting him pretty liberally. He's been folding to almost all of them, though the majority have been when I was in position. Anyone like this 3rd barrel? Also, I think turn betsize is interesting. I wanted to make it a size that set up a potsized shove on the river. And I think it's small enough that he has to raise sets as the board just got a bit more drawy. So I can define his hand pretty well as QQ-TT and occassionaly AK if he calls, it lets me get away cheaper when he's not folding, and he's probably rarely bluff raising. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $104.40
UTG: $186.10
CO: $200
BTN: $409.50
Hero (SB): $529.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $18

Flop: ($52) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $36</font>, BTN calls $36

Turn: ($124) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $72</font>, BTN calls $72

River: ($268) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $396.05 and is All-In</font>, (about $275 for him to call)

Shizzle12345 11-03-2007 02:40 PM

Re: 3 barrels deep vs. Shpanko

why play big pots against shpanko? From what i have read from him, he seems pretty solid.

o_O-zZ 11-03-2007 02:41 PM

I like your thinking. I think this kind of play will be really good against good thinking players. One thing i dont like, u risking all stack to take 268 pot, but if u barrel turn imho this shove is best play against this player.

Unknown Soldier 11-03-2007 02:47 PM

QQ-TT? unlikely. considering your pf tendancies, i think this could be ok.

Jamougha 11-03-2007 02:48 PM

Don't really like the size of the turn bet as it looks kinda like you're doing what you're doing. Still this isn't too bad once in a while providing you two play together a lot.

Novles 11-03-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why play big pots against shpanko? From what i have read from him, he seems pretty solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're prolly right, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend that the entire table is filled w/ shpankos, this is the only table running, and if I don't play poker my heart will explode. So looking for +EV spots anywhere I can get them.

Ajahn 11-03-2007 02:56 PM

If I wanted to continue after the flop I'd make a bigger turn-bet and then just give up.

AndyP 11-03-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I wanted to continue after the flop I'd make a bigger turn-bet and then just give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

shpanko 11-03-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're prolly right, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend that the entire table is filled w/ shpankos, this is the only table running, and if I don't play poker my heart will explode. So looking for +EV spots anywhere I can get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'ed. That'd be awesome. One huge spew fest.

shpanko 11-03-2007 04:55 PM

FWIW I like the river shove, I agree you should make the turn bet a bit bigger if you're going to do this.