Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $10k at the 27s in 1 month challenge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550535)

STALLOWN3D 11-27-2007 07:23 PM

Re: $10k at the 27s in 1 month challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, i recognize that 1000 isnt a great number either. You still havent answered my question of how many you think is a significant sample.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is probably in the range of 5-10K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I see. So if I were to run at a -20% ROI over say, 2000 tourneys, I shouldnt worry about it because its nowhere near a significant sample size. After all, everyone has downswings. This is the advice you would give?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're being really stupid about this. Just set up a prop bet and shut us all up with your shkillz

Fiasco 11-27-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You still havent answered my question of how many you think is a significant sample.

[/ QUOTE ]

(ZOMG INCOMING SPACEGRAVY REFERENCE)

He won 25k at the 60s in like 3 weeks and broke even over a 2k stretch of games. I'd say alot more than 1000 for a reasonable sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I called you guys making this silly spacegravy reference and you went ahead and made it anyway. Just because somebody had a breakeven stretch of 2000 SNGs doesnt mean that a persons entire 2000 sample SNG history is meaningless. How can you not understand this?

prodonkey 11-27-2007 07:25 PM

what is it called when you take something to an extreme example? I forget the name.

No if you are running at -20% roi for 2k tourneys things can be inferred, that you'd be a losing player.

Your filtered results comes up with 416.. not 2k though. With a 33% roi we can infer you are probably a winning player although with much less confidence than someone that has lost for 2k sngs.

sence25 11-27-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You still havent answered my question of how many you think is a significant sample.

[/ QUOTE ]

(ZOMG INCOMING SPACEGRAVY REFERENCE)

He won 25k at the 60s in like 3 weeks and broke even over a 2k stretch of games. I'd say alot more than 1000 for a reasonable sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I called you guys making this silly spacegravy reference and you went ahead and made it anyway. Just because somebody had a breakeven stretch of 2000 SNGs doesnt mean that a persons entire 2000 sample SNG history is meaningless. How can you not understand this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Your results are not meaningless, they are an indication.
Not more, not less.
And now stop this pls, all.
It's just stupid.

Fiasco 11-27-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, i recognize that 1000 isnt a great number either. You still havent answered my question of how many you think is a significant sample.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I see. So if I were to run at a -20% ROI over say, 2000 tourneys, I shouldnt worry about it because its nowhere near a significant sample size. After all, everyone has downswings. This is the advice you would give?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're being really stupid about this. Just set up a prop bet and shut us all up with your shkillz

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i set up a counter offer on the prop, no one has responded.

eurythmech 11-27-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all retarded.

The more you play, the more significant your sample size is.
That's really all there is to it.

prodonkey 11-27-2007 07:26 PM

You said you wanted better odds.. what kind of odds?

Fiasco 11-27-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is it called when you take something to an extreme example? I forget the name.

No if you are running at -20% roi for 2k tourneys things can be inferred, that you'd be a losing player.

Your filtered results comes up with 416.. not 2k though. With a 33% roi we can infer you are probably a winning player although with much less confidence than someone that has lost for 2k sngs.

[/ QUOTE ]

son of a [censored] bitch how and where are you filtering this?

prodonkey 11-27-2007 07:27 PM

sharkscope.. advanced search, you have to have a subscription.

PrimordialAA 11-27-2007 07:28 PM

edit