Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Getting headaches while playing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=440445)

natroyal 07-01-2007 04:15 PM

Getting headaches while playing

I live two hours from Atlantic City, and I cannot stay overnights because of family obligations.

This means I was leaving my house early in the AM and playing for the day (about 8-9 hours of play time).

When I did this, I was only getting at most 5-6 hours of sleep. I started noticing that even after a good cup of coffee that I was getting these dull headaches about an hour into playing (and it did not matter which card room I played in). Even three Advil would not get rid of them, but not playing for at least an hour and getting some fresh air would alleviate them somewhat.

Then I tried something different. I got a normal night's sleep and stayed a bit later. Not only was my play fresher, but the headaches went away.

Granted I only play at most 6-12, but my win rate increased by about 0.5 BB/hr.

Lastly, I only play for a fixed period of time because even if a game is good I lose my edge if I am not sharp. All it takes is one big screw-up to ruin the day.

Has this experience happened to anyone else?

Nat

*TT* 07-01-2007 04:46 PM

Re: Getting headaches while playing

[obnoxious product plug] I recommend trying E-Boost - www.eboost.com. Its being launched at the WSOP on the 5th, you can try it for free at the Wynn poker room by asking the floor.[/obnoxious product plug]

disclosure: I am affiliated with Vitalize Labs, the parent company of E-Boost.

Photoc 07-01-2007 10:25 PM

Bad link TT.

You've got a period after the com. It shows eboost.com. for the link.

*TT* 07-01-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad link TT.

You've got a period after the com. It shows eboost.com. for the link.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks... fixed!

PS: Anyone who wants to try E-BOOST, we are giving away 10,000 samples from the 5th to the 9th at the WSOP Gambling Lifestyle Expo.

Josem 07-02-2007 02:05 AM

i get headaches from playing live, but have always assumed it was my brain exploding from listening to the morons sitting next to me.

natroyal 07-02-2007 08:29 AM

Part of my headache problem also comes from the din of the room and the circulated air. That is why getting outside for a tad helps.

Actually, I find the inane banter very entertaining. Whenver someone refers to AK as "Anna Kournikova" I try not to drool. The same is true when people complain about being dealt rockets or cowboys.

Nat

bleechdp 07-02-2007 12:23 PM

Drink more water. Dehydration can just do it, that happens to me if i am on a few hours sleep (3-6) and am running long sessions, also, get up and walk around the room a bit.
GL

Brad1970 07-02-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of my headache problem also comes from the din of the room and the circulated air. That is why getting outside for a tad helps.

Actually, I find the inane banter very entertaining. Whenver someone refers to AK as "Anna Kournikova" I try not to drool. The same is true when people complain about being dealt rockets or cowboys.

Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't mention it but if you are playing full ring split pot games such as Stud & Omaha hi/lo split 8 or better...then I could understand a splitting headache. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

pokerswami 07-03-2007 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't mention it but if you are dealing full ring split pot games such as Stud & Omaha hi/lo split 8 or better...then I could understand a splitting headache.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

natroyal 07-03-2007 08:32 AM

I drink plenty of water while playing. As a matter of fact, I have lost 75 pounds since 10-14 of last year (Weight Watchers, I am not employed with them).

I play low limit, FE Hold-em (mostly 3-6 or 5-10). I do not deal.

Thanks for the feedback,

Nat