Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Manhattan Steakhouse poll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485023)

Tweety 08-23-2007 10:05 PM

Manhattan Steakhouse poll

Had dinner at Sparks last night, and I hadn't eaten there in a couple of years, so I was looking forward to it for a while. While the crowd isn't exactly hip and edgy (mostly tourists and the bridge and tunnel crowd), the steak was off the charts good. I love Lugers, and it's a one of a kind restaurant, but it's different from the Manhattan steakhouses (only really serve porterhouse, the place is a bit less refined, etc), so I'm not including it in this poll.

I'd like to know what people think is the number one steakhouse in Manhattan. Place almost all of the emphasis on the food and service.

daryn 08-24-2007 12:47 AM

Re: Manhattan Steakhouse poll

very interesting q, i want to visit some friends in NYC soon and i'm wondering.. if you could only go to one steakhouse.. had to go the best.. price is not an option, which would it be?

slickpoppa 08-24-2007 12:54 AM

I've been to most of those, but my taste is not refined enough to really have an opinion on which is best. I will say though that anyone who likes Lugers but can't get a table there or doesn't want to go to Brooklyn should go to Wolfgangs.

eviljeff 08-24-2007 02:05 AM

Went to Chas Rothman's or something once. liked it better than Lugers or Delmonico. haven't been to any other on the list.

xx44 08-24-2007 02:14 AM

Sparks is awesome.
Post house meh.
S&W is the Sizzler of the list.
Palm is over-rated.
Mever been to Dylan prime.
Holmestead also awesome.
Michael Jordans is barely a step up from S&W.
Keens is the only other Ive been, and enjoyed it very much.

Add capital Grill, my favorite at the moment. I also happen to like mortons prime rib and godiva cake.

mrkilla 08-24-2007 08:27 AM

The ommishion of Peter Lugers means you fail at Steak in NYC

yes I see you mention it but that doesn't mean it doesnt belong in this poll

same for Mortons, Ruth Chris or Ben Bensons.

otnemem 08-24-2007 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Both chains, not NYC steakhouses per se. That might be why they were omitted. I was surprised not to see Delmonico's though.

mrkilla 08-24-2007 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Both chains, not NYC steakhouses per se. That might be why they were omitted. I was surprised not to see Delmonico's though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I thought that too but I still think they should be included.

secretprankster 08-24-2007 09:47 AM

killa, I think he specificed Manhattan because he knew Peter Luger would destroy otherwise... since this thread has been done 90 times and there's nothing interesting to discuss.

The DaveR 08-24-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
very interesting q, i want to visit some friends in NYC soon and i'm wondering.. if you could only go to one steakhouse.. had to go the best.. price is not an option, which would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter Luger. Not close.