Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Who was Scott Freeman talking about (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528257)

PokerHatesMe 10-22-2007 01:58 AM

Who was Scott Freeman talking about

Scott Freeman aka ScTrojans recently did an interview with that wierdo Shawn Patrick Green and basically pointed out who he thinks is the most over rated player in online poker... didn't name his name but here's the snippet from the interview.. .who do u guys think hes talking about? Mr.Wigger954 himself??? nahhh... i duno?!?

SPG: What’s the most overrated asset or philosophy?

SF: People overrate players who win. I’m trying to think of some overrated players.

SPG: [Laughing] That’s awesome.

SF:

I don’t want to mention any names. [Laughs] OK, well, for example, there’s this guy ********** [name omitted at Freeman’s request], you’ve heard about him, I’m sure.

SPG: I’ve defi <font color="red"> </font> nitely heard of him. [Laughs]

SF: He’s winning everything. He won the … [Freeman lists multiple wins in very big tournaments, which have been omitted for the sake of the player’s anonymity]. He’s got a bagillion whatever-points on all of the leader boards, but he’s not … good. There’s nobody that would disagree that he’s a monkey.

So, people don’t understand that there’s so much … I don’t want to call it luck, because that’s not the right word, really. But winning a tournament does not mean anything. Anybody can win a tournament on any given day, and if you just have that run of luck — that positive variance, as people are starting to call it, nowadays — if that just happens to hit you at the right time …

It’s going to hit someone, there’s no doubt that it’s going to hit somebody, and it’s hitting ********** right now. And a lot of people that don’t understand the game of poker are giving him too much credit for his results. He’s not a bad player, or anything like that, though. The amount of money that he’s won in just couple of months is nowhere, nowhere, nowhere, nowhere near his expectation. He’s hit the goldmine. Don’t mention his name, obviously.

People can say the same for me, too, because my results have been absolutely ridiculous. And I understand that results don’t mean much. I try to never, ever, use my results as a reasoning to show that I’m a good poker player, especially a good tournament poker player, because I understand how much luck and so on goes into winning these multitable tournaments. The only real way to judge how good of a poker player someone is is subjectively in watching them play and seeing the decisions that they make.

But I hear ********** is a really nice guy. And, for what it’s worth, he is really super aggressive. He bluffed off his stack in the $100 rebuy on Stars the other day. So, the most underrated asset of a poker player that I specified is definitely something that ********** has. That’s important.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

88jayhawks 10-22-2007 02:01 AM

Re: Who was Scott Freeman talking about

link to the interview?

PokerHatesMe 10-22-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
link to the interview?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/art...ns-quot-freeman

did you think i made this up or something

EmpireMaker2 10-22-2007 02:15 AM

belowabove??? Same number of letters, and I hear hes a total monkey.

schundler 10-22-2007 02:15 AM

lilholdem

EmpireMaker2 10-22-2007 02:19 AM

LOL this guy made 435k from online tournies so hes up what like 50k on the year after all the buyins?

sandler1860 10-22-2007 02:20 AM

This is my 1st post here, and I can tell you with 95% certainty that he's talking about "vietcong01" on Stars. He has won the Million, Warmup, $1050 and multiple 109r's.

PokerHatesMe 10-22-2007 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my 1st post here, and I can tell you with 95% certainty that he's talking about "vietcong01" on Stars. He has won the Million, Warmup, $1050 and multiple 109r's.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think spg knows of vietcong ... maybe so? what makes u say that... i doubt it is mr. batista b/c i think they r good friends

HoosierAlum 10-22-2007 02:22 AM

ya pretty sure hes talking about vietcong

PokerHatesMe 10-22-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lilholdem

[/ QUOTE ]

Killah Cam !

It's guna b a hot summer

Dipset allday ery'day

sandler1860 10-22-2007 02:29 AM

"SF: He’s winning everything. He won the … [Freeman lists multiple wins in very big tournaments, which have been omitted for the sake of the player’s anonymity]. He’s got a bagillion whatever-points on all of the leader boards, but he’s not … good. There’s nobody that would disagree that he’s a monkey."

Because of this. I know that Vietcong has won a few majors in a short amount of time and I also know that he is regarded as a monkey by most players. Most players agree that lilholdem is a great player and not a monkey. And besides, SCT is clearly talking about some1 with excellent short term results. Lilholdem has excellent long term and short term results.

yellowsub 10-22-2007 02:30 AM

this is like 99% vietcong. he is an abbhoration.

-clayton

88jayhawks 10-22-2007 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
link to the interview?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/art...ns-quot-freeman

did you think i made this up or something

[/ QUOTE ]

no i just wanted to read the whole interview

Mr_Mxyztplk 10-22-2007 12:21 PM

Huck Seed

PokerHatesMe 10-22-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huck Seed

[/ QUOTE ]

Smokes Weed.

RiverPlay 10-22-2007 07:03 PM

I dont konw if this is old news but vietcong01 is actually the major of a town in Spain, he is like 60 years old and is nowhere near a poker pro. He is a major and poker just another hobby for him.

Kos13 10-22-2007 07:22 PM

Am I the only one who got the impression that this was someone "more famous" than vietcong?

celticslegend 10-22-2007 07:22 PM

vietcong LDO

Dexter_Cain 10-22-2007 07:35 PM

quoted from P5s

Re(1): most overrated player?
by SCTrojans on 10/21/2007 20:42

The question was not intended to single out a specific player, its unfortunate I used one as an example and he took down the interview literally word for word. It was meant to be more of a general assessment that results and players with good results are not necessarily good players - there is more than one example.

I got comfortable talking to him and the things i said just kinda came out, obviously a little differently than I wanted the interview to sound.

original thread

mkind0516 10-22-2007 07:53 PM

100% it's vietcong01. The name even fits in the given number of asteriks.

DeuceKicker 10-23-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... and he took down the interview literally word for word.

[/ QUOTE ]I hate when hack interviewers do this.

PokerHatesMe 10-23-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I dont konw if this is old news but vietcong01 is actually the major of a town in Spain, he is like 60 years old and is nowhere near a poker pro. He is a major and poker just another hobby for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm... no I didn't know this... elaborate... proof?

RonWR 10-23-2007 06:09 AM

He cant be talking about vietcong, it is someone he knows personally and thats why he cares about it geting out and such .

Its pretty obvious he has never met vietcong and most likely wont

TPayne 10-23-2007 06:55 AM

100% vietcong

nhWPjstUnLKy 10-23-2007 07:47 AM

lilholdem fo su

RiverPlay 10-23-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm... no I didn't know this... elaborate... proof?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.laopinioncoruna.es/secciones/...dNoticia=122216

Thats form a spanish newspaper. Im gonna translate
a little:

"Two winnings at the major online tournaments in the world have made Miño's major a world wide icon in the field his son and daughter are also succeeding at"

His daughter is May Maceiras, she plays at "Everest poker team". Here's a picture of vietcong01:
http://images.poquer-red.com/noticia...n-maceiras.jpg

salesbeast 10-23-2007 01:22 PM

comeonphish or vietcong obv not lilholdem as Scott has said many times hes in awe over Chad's ability.

CaryDarling 10-23-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
belowabove??? Same number of letters, and I hear hes a total monkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL from what I've seen...bluff monkey and calling station