Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   South Park starts up again tonight 10/3 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514741)

splashpot 10-03-2007 01:26 PM

Re: South Park starts up again tonight 10/3

[ QUOTE ]
To call this episode "below average" is an insult to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Post I made when the episode first aired. Most people in that thread agree with me.

Vagos 10-03-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the scenes where Cartman was showing the pictures and discussing it from an artistic viewpoint like "I used some high contrast lighting here" *shows a picture of his ass on Butter's face*

Also the whole first like ten minutes were hilarious! To call this episode "below average" is an insult to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was all pretty decent, it's just that I can name about a dozen Cartman-centered episodes that are funnier and wittier.

panda 10-03-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the DVD commentary they admit how weak "A Million Little Fibers" was. It's definitely one of my least favorite episodes of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This episode was a huge disappointment considering its the return of towelie.

First half of the season was extremely poor for me compared to seasons 7 and 8 or so.

Vagos 10-03-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Post I made when the episode first aired. Most people in that thread agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised so many people loved the n-guy episode, I thought it was ok, but nothing in this season stands out to me as a "classic".

EscapePlan9 10-03-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. I'm surprised many feel that way about the episode.

Also, to me the "Cartman Sucks" episode is a classic. I'll put it this way - if someone hasn't seen much SouthPark it's definitely an episode I'm going to show them.

splashpot 10-03-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll put it this way - if someone hasn't seen much SouthPark it's definitely an episode I'm going to show them.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, that's where I'll agree with you. I think it's a great episode for someone who isn't familiar with SP. In fact, I know a few people who only watch casually who loved it.

But I feel that if you watch regularly, you'd know about Cartman's usual diabolicalness, cleverness, and twisted way of getting what he wants. None of which was displayed in that episode. And it's precisely those characteristics that makes Cartman great.

chicken10der 10-03-2007 02:12 PM

fantastic easter special was one of the best sp eps in years - YEARS

Case Closed 10-03-2007 03:30 PM

"The makes you acountabillybuddyable" Is a great line and the suicides were classic.

KAknight 10-03-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll put it this way - if someone hasn't seen much SouthPark it's definitely an episode I'm going to show them.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, that's where I'll agree with you. I think it's a great episode for someone who isn't familiar with SP. In fact, I know a few people who only watch casually who loved it.

But I feel that if you watch regularly, you'd know about Cartman's usual diabolicalness, cleverness, and twisted way of getting what he wants. None of which was displayed in that episode. And it's precisely those characteristics that makes Cartman great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your opinion about "Cartman's usual diabolicalness, cleverness, and twisted way of getting what he wants." After he made Scott Tenorman eat his parents it brought Cartman to a whole new level. I expect bigger, better, more extravagant and conniving schemes out of him.

That being said I still laughed a lot at this episode.

Russ M. 10-03-2007 03:49 PM

First half of S11 was not good by South Park standards. The only episode that has any long lasting appeal for me is the NOTLH episode. N-gger Guy was funny but wore thin quickly. Cartman Sucks had a couple of laughs. Everything else was weak as SP did waaaayyyy too many spoofs. Licecapades was almost as bad as the Million Little Fibers episode.

That being said, I am not tapering my expectations for the rest of this season and I think the rest of the episodes will get back to basics for SP.