Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Emmy Nominations Released, The Wire snubbed again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455368)

FlyWf 07-19-2007 05:24 PM

Emmy Nominations Released, The Wire snubbed again

The Wire collects zero nominations for Season 4, which was, of course, the greatest achievement in the history of the goddamn medium. Grey's Anatomy gets 10 nominations. The title is a pun, get it? This disparity is an excellent illustration of everything that is wrong with America.

Aloysius 07-19-2007 05:26 PM

Re: Emmy Nominations Released, The Wire snubbed again

I will not point out that there is another thread on the front page with this info, because I wholeheartedly agree with you.

-Al

traz 07-19-2007 05:26 PM

try harder

traz 07-19-2007 05:27 PM

Aloysius,

:P

FlyWf 07-19-2007 05:36 PM

This is specifically about The Wire being snubbed, it's on a qualitatively different level than Jeremy Piven not getting a nomination. There are always going to be people just missing the cutoff, this is more than a snub. This is akin to giving the AL MVP to Dioner Navarro.

Pudge714 07-19-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is specifically about The Wire being snubbed, it's on a qualitatively different level than Jeremy Piven not getting a nomination. There are always going to be people just missing the cutoff, this is more than a snub. This is akin to giving the AL MVP to Dioner Navarro.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm being a nit here, but that analogy doesn't work because he isn't insulting the quality of the winner. An analogy that could work is that would be like not giving 2001 Barry Bonds the MVP.

XXXNoahXXX 07-19-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

**Welcome to life on the edge my friend. It's a wild ride.**

Vyse 07-19-2007 05:43 PM

They probably realize the show just isn't that great.

FlyWf 07-19-2007 05:43 PM

Yeah, I thought about going that way, but then people would mention Morneau winning over Jeter last year and then it'd turn into a SE subthread. The degree of wrongness is comparable, and I would say that whichever show does win the award deserves it about as much as Navarro would deserve his.

For one shining moment someone tried to give America television that meant something, and we were more interested in doctors [censored] each other.

NajdorfDefense 07-19-2007 07:13 PM

Grey's anatomy sucks. The Wire is clearly the best show. Who cares about Emmy's though?