Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Standard Blind Steal Situations (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498920)

James. 09-11-2007 07:50 PM

Standard Blind Steal Situations

hand uno

a mostly laggro button open raises, i 3bet 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the SB, BB folds, button calls.

Flop(6sb): T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i bet, button calls.

Turn(4bb): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check, he bets, i call.

River(6bb): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i check, intending to call.

----------------------------------------------------

hand dos

i open A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]in the CO, button folds, sb folds, bb(32/9/2.6) calls.

Flop(4.5sb): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he checks, i bet, he calls.

Turn(3.25bb): Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, check.

River(3.25bb): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he bets, i call.

Fnord 09-11-2007 08:04 PM

Re: Standard Blind Steal Situations

I had better results in spots like these when I started betting these turns instead of tending to check them.

If you think of them like a big bet poker problem a double barrel is collectivly still less than a pot sized bet.

Hydrant 09-11-2007 08:05 PM

I also hate being raised on the turn in blind battles with medium strenght hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like it.

JJH3984 09-11-2007 08:05 PM

Hand 1 is better as button gets more aggro. Since you said "mostly laggro", I think this is okay. I'd still probably bet turn and river though.

I think you should bet the turn in hand two. You probably have the best hand and giving a freecard seems bad. I know you want to induce here, but you can find better board textures for it.

James. 09-12-2007 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 is better as button gets more aggro. Since you said "mostly laggro", I think this is okay. I'd still probably bet turn and river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you doing if raised?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet the turn in hand two. You probably have the best hand and giving a freecard seems bad. I know you want to induce here, but you can find better board textures for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, are you calling a raise on the turn? if so i guess you're calling down, putting 3BB in on the big streets?

if you bet the turn, are you valuebetting the river?

leo doc 09-12-2007 09:55 AM

Are these hands short or RG?

James. 09-12-2007 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are these hands short or RG?

[/ QUOTE ]

one is short and one is FR. can you tell which is which?

fwiw, i don't think it will effect the ranges much since even the FR game was pretty tight with(on avg.) only a few to the flop.

Hobbs. 09-12-2007 02:49 PM

james I'm fine checking the turn in hand 1 as this guy will be bluffing all the time and thus insuring that a bet is going in either way (also, he's never a folding a better hand if you bet). the second hand is a clear bet on the turn because you are ahead here way too often to give a free card that he will incorrectly pay for.

youlosepork 09-12-2007 02:55 PM

you are beat in hand 1 most of the time, bet turn on hand 2, a raise is tough but in the long run you will win folding to the raise.

KitCloudkicker 09-12-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are beat in hand 1 most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, this is ace/king high, random straight draws at least 50%

in these spots i never fold a pair to a LAG unless the board is something like AQJK.