Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   How much would you raise? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494716)

getitfixed 09-06-2007 01:07 AM

How much would you raise?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $201.90
UTG+1: $118.10
HERO: $467.85
Button: $227.25
SB: $155.35
BB: $169.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $5.5</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
UTG checks, HERO checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $7</font>, HERO calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($28, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $14</font>.

HERO RAISES???

TheRempel 09-06-2007 01:23 AM

Re: How much would you raise?

Make it $41-$49 to go.

rine 09-06-2007 01:26 AM

Fold turn. As played:
His bets seem pretty weak, but he might be trying to suck you in. Anyways you want to get some money in. It doesn't really make a difference in how likely he is to call, but if he calls a medium sized raise with a flush on the turn he will probably also call a river bet if the board doesn't pair. If he has a set (unlikely though) you don't want to blast him off. $45 or so sounds good to me.

Elrazor 09-06-2007 04:38 AM

pot. imo he either has the k and will pay you or he dosent

pete fabrizio 09-06-2007 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pot. imo he either has the k and will pay you or he dosent

[/ QUOTE ]

since you're probably only getting action from a king, you should raise whatever amount you might on a thin value-raise with the J-high flush. if you pot (and normally don't), he may get suspicious and just call instead of re-popping.

rine 09-06-2007 06:12 AM

I couldn't read the hand again. Forget what I said.

Triantafylidis 09-06-2007 07:53 AM

I think i kinda like a minraise or a little more than a min raise. He's prolly going to repot with the K and if you miraise he may call you with tiny flushes as you flat called the turn. Hopefully he actually has a hand and not just air here. It's ok to look transparent here and make it look like you WANT a call because as I said if he hold Kdxd he is going to bump it again 99% of the time.

pete fabrizio 09-06-2007 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i kinda like a minraise or a little more than a min raise. He's prolly going to repot with the K and if you miraise he may call you with tiny flushes as you flat called the turn. Hopefully he actually has a hand and not just air here. It's ok to look transparent here and make it look like you WANT a call because as I said if he hold Kdxd he is going to bump it again 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think minraise looks suspicious, unless you actually would do it with a smaller flush.

Triantafylidis 09-06-2007 08:39 AM

Thats why i like the minraise tho, more often than not, a player will call you down for info in this situation depending on the pot size. Then you can easily exploit his "read" on you in the future.

RichGangi 09-06-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Serious? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Just repot it here. Seems likely he has enough to call you.