Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Phil Jackson Apologized (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546430)

ItalianFX 11-14-2007 10:29 PM

Phil Jackson Apologized

For anyone who doesn't know about this, Phil Jackson, the coach of the LA Lakers said this after last nights loss to the Spurs:

[ QUOTE ]
"We call this a 'Brokeback Mountain' game, because there's so much penetration and kickouts," Jackson said. "It was one of those games."

[/ QUOTE ]

He was trying to be funny, obv. but apparently alot of people had to get upset.

ESPN just showed his apology during the Lakers/Rockets game and he said something like:

"...If I offended any cowboys, Texans, horses, I'm sorry..."

I obviously came to BBV first because I know you guys have an obsession with horses.

React1oN 11-14-2007 10:30 PM

Re: Phil Jackson Apologized

Wow he really said the Brokeback Mountain thing? That's [censored] hilarious.

Bravo!

PITTM 11-14-2007 10:31 PM

Just watched this apology. Totally pissed me off because im a very liberal dude and i wasnt offended by his comments. I really think that all the LGBTwhatever groups need to not get their panties in a bunch over mundane crap like this or else they lose any shreds of credibility they have left.

React1oN 11-14-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched this apology. Totally pissed me off because im a very liberal dude and i wasnt offended by his comments. I really think that all the LGBTwhatever groups need to not get their panties in a bunch over mundane crap like this or else they lose any shreds of credibility they have left.

[/ QUOTE ]Is there a gay Al Sharpton he can talk to?

barncat 11-14-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Is there a gay Al Sharpton he can talk to?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

LiveNow 11-14-2007 10:40 PM

lol, my respect for phil jackson just went way up after reading the original quote. [censored] hilarious.

*** 11-14-2007 10:40 PM

Yeah, I don't see what's offensive about his statement. Guess what, anal sex is painful if you're not ready for it, no matter that friendly [censored] at the bar says otherwise.

kolotoure 11-14-2007 10:40 PM

I thought it was funny

PITTM 11-14-2007 10:41 PM

he said NOTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT GAY PEOPLE, he simply equated penetration with a movie about gay guys penetrating each other. OMG GAY WAS INVOLVED IN ANY WAY HOLY [censored] RUN FOR THE HILLS LGBT GROUPS.

in summation i dont get why theese groups are offended. Probably because theyre paid to be.

doubLe a tom 11-14-2007 10:45 PM

i didnt think the comment made much sense cause penetration and kickouts are not exclusive to gheys. jackson fails on multiple levels here. his joke didnt make sense, and he probably pissed a bunch of people off and is gonna get fined/penalized by the league. well done.