Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Official November Thread: General Discussion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535573)

Oki-Oki 11-04-2007 04:48 PM

Re: Official November Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The team domeski documentary is up, pretty interesting.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]
one of the funnier more realistic film of what its like to be an online poker player. The part where he talks about having poker friends who can understand stuff like swings was pretty spot on, and it saucks cus most people cant relate to you. Also was one of the funnier things ive ever seen esp parts 4 and 5, stealthmunk comes off as a huge d bag but at the same time i wouldnt be able to drink that much and function so i give him props

[/ QUOTE ]

The poker friends part is sooooo true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I just kinda take this for granted living with another poker player.

jfish 11-04-2007 05:21 PM

talking about poker to normal people is a nightmare.

Oki-Oki 11-04-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and it makes you look like a douchebag

Jeffmet3 11-04-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so true. i generally try to avoid talking about poker if at all possible

DerekJCEX 11-04-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very very true.

also, when people complain about money or are cheap as [censored] when it comes to [censored] like getting drinks at a bar or not wanting to pay a cover charge, im always like omg wtf is wrong with these people?!?! then i remember that they're normal and we play poker and don't have much respect for money

Melchiades 11-04-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

d2themfi 11-04-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very very true.

also, when people complain about money or are cheap as [censored] when it comes to [censored] like getting drinks at a bar or not wanting to pay a cover charge, im always like omg wtf is wrong with these people?!?! then i remember that they're normal and we play poker and don't have much respect for money

[/ QUOTE ]

same

Bigmoney 11-04-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, I actually lied the last time I went to a new barber just so I wouldnt have to talk about it. He asked me what I did and I told him I did stuff online, which led to lying about selling stuff on ebay, which led to more lies

Oki-Oki 11-04-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very very true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that but when people ask you how you have been going and you reply with "Great been going awesome up 12k this week" or something they tend to think a)your full of [censored] b)your bragging and being a douche. Whereas its just a statement of your result but they read into it more than you intended, which can be uncomfortable. This is especially true when discussing losses or downswings.

If your not a poker player you will never understand a downswing or understand the standardness of loosing 5k+.

Also I dont really hang around my non-poker playing friends to talk poker. If they ask how its going my standard response is "good" and quickly change the subject. Also I definately dont try and show off etc around them or act all "balla".

Its easy to become a social retard playing alot of poker and im trying to hold it off as long as possible.

Yeti 11-04-2007 06:03 PM

why would you ever say amounts heh