Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   River decision with set (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493452)

gapeno 09-04-2007 02:47 PM

River decision with set

SB is 54/15/1.39 over 418 hands, and the usual loose fish.
CO is 27/20/2.46 over 202 hands, and calls down too much (48%).

I have had a rush at the table, playing 48% of my hands, and winning over 60BB in 35 minutes, a lot of that from CO.

$10/$20 Texas Hold'em
Number of players : 5
HERO ( $1,181.29 )
UTG ( $445 )
CO ( $148 )
Button ( $381 )
SB ( $542 )

PRE-FLOP: (5 players) HERO is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, HERO caps, CO calls, SB calls

FLOP: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players, 12 sb)
SB bets, HERO raises, CO calls, SB 3-bets, HERO caps, CO calls, SB calls

TURN: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players, 18 bb)
SB checks, HERO bets, CO calls, SB raises, HERO calls, CO calls

RIVER: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players, 24 bb)
SB checks, HERO checks, CO bets, SB raises, HERO folds

Am I too passive on turn?
Is folding the correct thing to do on river?
Anything else?

NinaWilliams 09-04-2007 02:50 PM

Re: River decision with set

Id go ahead and 3 bet the turn. T9 is really unlikely based on preflop.

Gurravasa 09-04-2007 02:53 PM

are you gapeno on svenska spel? played with you on 20/40 a minute ago. My nick is gurravasa

mvoss 09-04-2007 02:56 PM

First of all I think you should be very careful about judging peoples WTSD no. after this no. of hands, it'll take more than 200 hands to converge.

I reraise the turn thinking we definitely have equity to do so. I also bet the river and call a raise, this will be a bluff often enough IMO.

thorleif 09-04-2007 02:57 PM

3ball the turn unless you have seen something to indicate that SB would 3bet pf OOP w/ T9.

CO's postflop play screams of AK. Certain SB's here get spewy with 2 pair but I can't imagine with stats like his that he would sexy without a straight? Damn that pot is huge though,

sharpie 09-04-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise the turn thinking we definitely have equity to do so. I also bet the river and call a raise, this will be a bluff often enough IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As played SB's line is really confusing, once he checks the river I'd say he almost never has you beat. Once he raises it's still hard to put him on a better hand, AK got maniacal and then checked when he hit? Still, we have to worry about CO, he looks alot like AK, but is he bad enough to valuebet 2 pair? I know if I folded the best hand here I'd go on life tilt.

gapeno 09-04-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you gapeno on svenska spel? played with you on 20/40 a minute ago. My nick is gurravasa

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 09-04-2007 05:41 PM

Easy turn three bet.

jstill 09-04-2007 08:15 PM

3 bet turn then when u still have initiative bet the river

as played fold is what u gotta do, sb's not raising worse hands enough to call 2 bets

Gurravasa 09-05-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, we could start a "svenska spel" regs thread soon!

BTW raise turn!

also I PM you in swedish.