Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WSOP Trip Report part 17, Somebody Up There Hates Me, Bellagio $2500 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=437843)

Bond18 06-28-2007 02:45 AM

WSOP Trip Report part 17, Somebody Up There Hates Me, Bellagio $2500

WSOP Trip Report part 17, Somebody Up There Hates Me, Bellagio $2500
I show up to the Bellagio around 3pm. I sit outside on the porch alone smoking a Davidoff cigar with a glass of orange juice. Eventually a few 2p2’ers show up and we hang outside chatting about tournaments. At one point I step inside and tell Cardplayer reporter Julio I might actually follow the order of “now just win this damn tournament” he gave me yesterday.
”Whoa, wait, your at the final table?”
”Dude what the [censored]? I thought this was your job, where’s the support man?”
“Haha, I didn’t see your name on the list.”
He hands me the list and I scan it. Of course, I forget that I’m listed as ‘George Dunst’, which is apparently my name, so I decide to stop swearing at Julio so much.
He yells over at the girl who does interview’s, “Hey, interview this guy, he’s at the final table.”
Works for me, I tell her I want to do the interview outside with the rest of the 2p2 guys. I won’t bother to summarize the interview, you can see it for yourself with this link:

http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/25748

The camera man and interview girl had to stop the interview because they were both attempting to hold back laughter to much. They said it was by far the best interview they’d had so far. Boo yah. A whole bunch of 2p2’ers end up showing up, way to many to name, and I’m really hoping I can put on a good show for them.

When the final table starts I go in 4 of 9 in chip counts. A short stack busts fairly quickly and we’re at 8.

With 8 left the following hand comes up:
My stack: ~60k
Buttons stack: ~45k
Blinds 1500/3000 with 500 ante.

Preflop: Folds to button, button raises to 9000, I shove, BB folds, button calls and shows AT. A couple players declare they had an A, sweet.
Flop: 6 A 9
[censored], how many aces in this deck?
Turn: T
River: K
Blegh, I am now short stacked with 5 BB’s.

A fold my hand on the button after a raise, but on the CO it folds around to me with 76o. I’m not sure how loose the BB will call me, but I think I have to shove it. I move in and the BB calls with A7o. His hand holds and that’s a GG for me, 8th place.

The rest of us 2p2 guys hang out occupying the entire Fontana lounge porch for most of the afternoon, then hit the Bellagio café for dinner where awesome tournament director Jack McClelland has comped me for 8 people.

Tomorrow is the much anticipated $5000 6max at the WSOP, so hopefully things run just a little bit better and I luck box something big.

whitcolumn 06-28-2007 02:50 AM

Re: WSOP Trip Report part 17, Somebody Up There Hates Me, Bellagio $25

I don't think I've replied to any of these yet, but I've read every TR you've posted. I'm pretty new to the forum, I've been lurking, improving my game, and learning from each post. GL in tomorrow's WSOP event.

8Adam8 06-28-2007 02:54 AM

lol the interview is gold

ianisakson 06-28-2007 03:11 AM

on a scale of 1-10 that interview is a solid 9.8. The only room for improvement is the posse of strippers you're missing and losing a flip 30 minutes into the FT.

manifest 06-28-2007 03:34 AM

Awesome. I saw my face in that interview.

BrainNinja 06-28-2007 04:34 AM

eugene needs to lay off the redbull

BrainNinja 06-28-2007 04:36 AM

oh yeah and adanthar looks like bob saget

adanthar 06-28-2007 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah and adanthar looks like bob saget

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately that isn't the first time I've heard that

on the plus side, though, victory strippers

willie 06-28-2007 05:03 AM

how dissappointing....gg sir.

lol that interview kicks ass---

Soulman 06-28-2007 05:13 AM

I can't believe how pale you all are, hahaha.

Superb interview, better luck next time man.