Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Boston Celtics '07-'08 Banner 17 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506113)

kidcolin 10-10-2007 07:05 PM

Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

He's looked heavy the past couple of seasons, but reports were that his weight is down from the previous couple of years, and he's on record as saying he wants to play at ~230lbs. He's listed as 235, but he's probably been closer to 240.

Hopefully I'll catch a replay of this game sometime soon. Need my Big Al Jefferson fix.

Ponies 10-10-2007 09:37 PM

jefferson did nothing this game.
perk looked good though

hiho 10-10-2007 10:59 PM

Where is this game even on tv? The league pass doesn't come out till next week.

Green Kool Aid 10-10-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is this game even on tv? The league pass doesn't come out till next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

was on espn2.

the free throw shooting was horrendous, but everything else was quite impressive.

perkins is looking FIT. rondo's D is just amazing, and the big three is really clicking.

bench wise, glen davis seems better than advertised thus far. gabe pruitt was terrible in summer league, and looks very overmatched against NBA players.

Toro 10-11-2007 08:15 AM

Pierce does look heavy and the commentators made note of his huge upper body. Perk looked lean and mean. Jefferson as someone else has already said did nothing.

BobboFitos 10-11-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pierce does look heavy and the commentators made note of his huge upper body. Perk looked lean and mean. Jefferson as someone else has already said did nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I mistook perkins for KG not once but TWICE. He's looking alot stronger and conditioned, it's good to see.

Green Kool Aid 10-11-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I mistook perkins for KG not once but TWICE. He's looking alot stronger and conditioned, it's good to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Perk is healthy, we have the best starting frontcourt in the East

34TheTruth34 10-11-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Perk had talent, we have the best starting frontcourt in the East

[/ QUOTE ]

James282 10-11-2007 12:54 PM

Do you guys mind if I bandwagon the Celtics this year? I used to be a Knicks fan as a kid, but they(among other things) made me really bored with the NBA. I'd like to get back on the board. I'm a pretty huge sports fan, and would serve the bandwagon well. I await your decision.

James

Green Kool Aid 10-11-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Perk had talent, we have the best starting frontcourt in the East

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will he ever be Alonzo Mourning? No.

Can he become a prime Nazr Mohammed or Jamaal Magloire? Yes.

Can you name a better frontcourt in the East? No.