Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Way to weak? stud8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543948)

xxeximusxx 11-11-2007 10:52 PM

Way to weak? stud8

offcourse its weak but how else do you play this, or is this fine

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (1.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (1.25 BB - $1.25)

roggles 11-11-2007 11:02 PM

Re: Way to weak? stud8

No, they are way to weak probably. I would play it the same.

RustyBrooks 11-11-2007 11:07 PM

Woot! I was in this hand!

RustyBrooks 11-11-2007 11:08 PM

(no one ever posts hands I was in except to say "what is this retard doing?")

xxeximusxx 11-11-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(no one ever posts hands I was in except to say "what is this retard doing?")

[/ QUOTE ]

what were you doing? lol, jk..

RustyBrooks 11-11-2007 11:15 PM

I probably played it wrong. I was the other guy who check-folded. I had 47 down, and a 2flush in diamonds.

Alchemist 11-11-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably played it wrong. I was the other guy who check-folded. I had 47 down, and a 2flush in diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case, I would definitely bet 4th when the other guy checks to you. You take control of the hand (let them think you paired the Ace) and gives the BI an opportunity to fold, which he should.

Praxising 11-12-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6th Street - (1.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks like Seat 3 just made his 7 lo. Seat 1 check/folded, so, a pair of 8s might be good for half the pot. If he has an 8 back, your 86 is better, too. Tho' I suspect he does have the 7. I'd call on the 8s. Hey, the river might even give you the lo as well, but I wouldn't walk away from half the pot here. He might have paired his A, of course, but I'd still call.

djk123 11-12-2007 02:02 AM

i like a bet on 5th. i'd call 6th

Alchemist 11-12-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like a bet on 5th. i'd call 6th

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm undecided about betting 5th. There are merits to both checking and betting. Seat 3's check on 4th tells me he has a weakish low draw so the 6 probably helped him and he's never folding 5th to a bet. But it'll also likely get Seat 1 out of the pot which is good.

As played 6th is a fold because the pot is so freakin small.