Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Session Review for MTTs? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524457)

helter skelter 10-16-2007 05:52 PM

Session Review for MTTs?

I was thinking about doing some session reviews since I got all my tourneys in my PT database. Wanting some tips on how to go about it, I did a search for "session review" in the MTT forums and got zilch.

Would like to hear thoughts on this.

Pokerfarian 10-16-2007 06:37 PM

Re: Session Review for MTTs?

[x] Just post some interesting hands you were unsure about
[x] Check out the "official review threads" that Bond's set up, pretty much what you want

helter skelter 10-17-2007 12:27 PM

What I was wondering specifically is how does PT factor into a session review, if at all?

ZenMusician 10-17-2007 12:55 PM

Why not start seeing which hands/positions you are
making money with and obv which ones you are losing.

Did you bet your UI AK too far on that one hand? Did
you fall for a min-raise trap to a set with your TPTK?
Are you pushing draws too far?

Not sure if this is what you meant, but it helps me to
learn where I screwed up...most people don't want to
face those demons though!

GL

-ZEN

WJL 10-17-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I was wondering specifically is how does PT factor into a session review, if at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can see the answers to questions like:

Did I play out of position too much?

Was my aggression factor high or low, compared to normal?

Was I very lucky/unlucky?

Not a big enough sample to tell you anything long-term, but certainly enough to tell you some things about how you were playing that day.

Sherman 10-17-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can ask it to export the entire HH from a specific time frame. Keep the hands from that tournament. They will be in order.

You can also review a HH in PT yourself. On the tournament tab (2nd tab I believe) you highlight the MTT you are interested in by double clicking.

In the game tab (3rd tab I think) you can sort by Game # or by blinds if you wish (but I prefer game number). Then Open the game and replay it. You can select replay all hands and watch the entire MTT over again.

Sherman

ZenMusician 10-17-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
replay all hands and watch the entire MTT over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very useful thing to do IMO!

-ZEN

Sherman 10-17-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
replay all hands and watch the entire MTT over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very useful thing to do IMO!

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Kind of Like Batting in Baseball

helter skelter 10-17-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<snip>...Maybe we accidently pick up bad habits without realizing it. Maybe it worked in one tournament that we won and we started using it without thinking about it. Worst of all, when we don't realize the bad habits, we might attribute losses to bad luck and variance.

So I went back and watched a few wins from two months ago. Every hand. All the way through. It didn't take long to realize I had picked up some bad habits somewhere because the HH I was watching didn't match up with what I was thinking. It was kind of like going back to the tee. Back to batting practice. I re-learned what I had apparently forgotten.

So...do other posters share this same experience? Do you pick up bad habits without realizing it until way later? Do you review your own old HHs to "practice?" What else do you do to keep yourself from picking up bad habits? How do you identify any bad habits you may have picked up?

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

From that thread, what you are saying is you won making bad play(s), repeated those play(s) in future tourneys and got poor results?

What bad habits did you discover in your analysis?

Was wondering also if the kind of PT analysis used for cash games can be applied to tourneys, or is it too situational? For example, analyzing overall performance for different hand types and position.

Sherman 10-17-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<snip>...Maybe we accidently pick up bad habits without realizing it. Maybe it worked in one tournament that we won and we started using it without thinking about it. Worst of all, when we don't realize the bad habits, we might attribute losses to bad luck and variance.

So I went back and watched a few wins from two months ago. Every hand. All the way through. It didn't take long to realize I had picked up some bad habits somewhere because the HH I was watching didn't match up with what I was thinking. It was kind of like going back to the tee. Back to batting practice. I re-learned what I had apparently forgotten.

So...do other posters share this same experience? Do you pick up bad habits without realizing it until way later? Do you review your own old HHs to "practice?" What else do you do to keep yourself from picking up bad habits? How do you identify any bad habits you may have picked up?

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

From that thread, what you are saying is you won making bad play(s), repeated those play(s) in future tourneys and got poor results?

What bad habits did you discover in your analysis?

Was wondering also if the kind of PT analysis used for cash games can be applied to tourneys, or is it too situational? For example, analyzing overall performance for different hand types and position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure exactly what I remember doing different. It was a long time ago. But I do remember I was open limping more, trying to play fancier, etc. So I went back to a more standard strategy.

As for analysis of PT stats, I made this comment here: stats

I've also posted my position and blind level stats from time to time...I'll try to post them again tonight.

Other than that, it is difficult to tell much more from pokertracker.

Sherman