Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What to do... What to do... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=36557)

Doylestown 02-14-2006 12:39 PM

What to do... What to do...

New table no reads. Hero and Villain both have top 15 chip stacks at the time. So many ways to play this one. Lets take it in stages hoping to find the best way if that's possible.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP1 (t2920)
MP2 (t6105)
MP3 (t3195)
CO (t3055)
Button (t1810)
SB (t1800)
Hero (t3905)
UTG (t3955)
UTG+1 (t1495)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t250</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t525) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

A_PLUS 02-14-2006 12:41 PM

Re: What to do... What to do...

small pot, check call the flop. I'm not folding unless another heart comes though.

zizazziza 02-14-2006 01:05 PM

Why not reraise this PF? But yeah, unless another heart comes im calling down. I play this weak and just call down here.

runout_mick 02-14-2006 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
small pot, check call the flop. I'm not folding unless another heart comes though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a check-raise more appropriate here?

BPA234 02-14-2006 01:17 PM

I like this line. I always try to keep pot control in mind when I am playing a marginal hand out of position. Which I think this hand has now become with that flop.

zoobird 02-14-2006 01:21 PM

Ok...humor a micro-limit fish...why doesn't anyone like leading with a bet on this flop? With such a draw heavy flop, I would make a pot sized bet. Fold to a reraise, and probably fold to any decent sized turn bet. Seems like a check-raise is a more expensive way of discovering I'm likely to be behind, and I'd prefer to check-call on a less scary flop, where I actually think I'm likely to be ahead. Plus, if he checks behind I'm giving him a free card. What's wrong with my thinking here?

charlieD 02-14-2006 01:26 PM

i would normally reraise this to around 1000 preflop. if he reraises all in, i think you can safely pass and if he calls you can make a pot commiting flop bet of around 1500

dmk 02-14-2006 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok...humor a micro-limit fish...why doesn't anyone like leading with a bet on this flop? With such a draw heavy flop, I would make a pot sized bet. Fold to a reraise, and probably fold to any decent sized turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

because you've just turned your hand into 72. you have showdown value and it is unlikely villian already has a flush (or even that he has a heart at all). a bet/fold line is fine w/ any hand you're not showing down. but AK has a lot of value here, too much to just throw away to a raise from something like KhTx or AxXh.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a check-raise is a more expensive way of discovering I'm likely to be behind, and I'd prefer to check-call on a less scary flop, where I actually think I'm likely to be ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like c/r either. It shows too much strength and will fold out hands we're ahead of that will likely either bet the turn or call a decent river bet if the turn gets checked through.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, if he checks behind I'm giving him a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said above, a free card is likely a 2 or 3-outer (if that), or 5 outs if he has something like KT, so it isn't the end of the world. And a lot of times the heart is just as scary for him, so you'll get a pretty cheap showdown.

Basically, don't turn your hand into complete trash by bet/folding this flop. Bet out the flop w/ trash and flushes. Don't do it w/ something like our hand here.

runout_mick 02-14-2006 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would normally reraise this to around 1000 preflop. if he reraises all in, i think you can safely pass and if he calls you can make a pot commiting flop bet of around 1500

[/ QUOTE ]

You can raise to 1000 preflop and fold to a push?

Can I play at your table?

charlieD 02-14-2006 01:46 PM

you're welcome