Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   silentbob's Week 17 player props thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295178)

silentbob 12-31-2006 12:30 PM

silentbob\'s Week 17 player props thread

Glad the season is ending. I can't wait to start focusing on NBA props.

David Garrard under 17 pass completions at -115 for 1 unit. The numbers say this is a pass, I'm betting strictly on intangibles and weather. The Chiefs defense isn't that great, but they do play somewhat better at home. With a playoff berth at stake, they'll clamp down a bit more. More importantly, the forecast in KC calls for showers early with rain becoming steady and changing to freezing rain by the afternoon. Morning high of 48F with temperatures falling to near freezing. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. The reason why I'm not betting 2 units is because the Jaguars have been passing more in recent games.

Warrick Dunn over 18.5 rushing yards at -120 for 1 unit. Whoa. At first, I thought Bodog was putting up an errant line. Dunn is hurt and listed as probable, but this line seems like an overreaction. Before last week's season low of 29, his previous low was 44. Not betting the farm here because he could easily play very little, but I think this is still too low to pass up completely even if Norwood gets most of the carries. Some "looks too good to be true" sucker bet potential so caveat emptor.

That's all for now. Good luck to all.

YTD: 31-17-1, +11.42 units

CieloAzor 12-31-2006 12:42 PM

Re: silentbob\'s Week 17 player props thread

Ugh, Dunn line already down. That looked like an amazing opportunity.

silentbob 12-31-2006 12:46 PM

How do y'all print screen images? I want to post my Dunn bet so no one thinks I'm full of crap. Alternatively, if someone can corroborate that they saw the line while it was up...

llabb 12-31-2006 03:53 PM

"Print screen" will capture a screenshot, which you can save in an image editor, or even just Word, and then host on imageshack or another site. Print screen is Function+Insert on my laptop.

Great work with the NFL player props, Bob. Looking forward to the NBA player props, as they are also soft. Do a little of it myself already, but not systematically.

insanity31 12-31-2006 03:56 PM

garrard's backup is in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

silentbob 01-05-2007 06:34 PM

Yeah, I got lucky there. Garrard was on pace to cover barely, and I was shocked that he got pulled for Gray.

As for Dunn, he reached 19 yards fairly quickly. I still can't figure out how to "print screen" at this point but I will. None of you have a reason not to trust me, and this is just a freaking message board, but I do want to show that the Dunn over 18.5 rushing yards prop actually did exist. And I did get paid by Bodog.

Anyway, I will sit out NFL props for the playoffs unless I see something really good. This was a good first season and I got lucky on a few occasions, but I feel okay about my ability to handicap individual players and will try again next fall. Thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

This week: 2-0, +1.7 units
Final YTD: 33-17-1, +13.12 units

Spellmen 01-05-2007 06:47 PM

For print screen just open up the screen you want, and then hit "print screen". Open up MSPaint, you almost certainly have that on your computer. Then hit cntrl+v or just go up to edit and hit paste, if the screen doesnt show up then your computer is probably haunted

Jaguar101 01-05-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For print screen just open up the screen you want, and then hit "print screen". Open up MSPaint, you almost certainly have that on your computer. Then hit cntrl+v or just go up to edit and hit paste, if the screen doesnt show up then your computer is probably haunted

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a complete NOOB at this as well. How do you "print screen". I am on Mozilla firefox. Do i go to file print or what? I cant get it to work that way [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

MyTurn2Raise 01-05-2007 07:12 PM

'print screen' is a key on most keyboards. You'll find it on the top row (Esc, F1, F2, F3, ... F12, prt scrn, ...)

Jaguar101 01-05-2007 07:45 PM

ahhhhh ty!!! man do i feel stupid lol