Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   PARTY MAINTENANCE (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=80584)

joker122 04-06-2006 06:43 AM

PARTY MAINTENANCE

i never play at this hour so i've never really had to deal with this 'table maitenance' crap with party. how long are the tables usually down? i'm trying to decide if i should go do something else.

krazyace5 04-06-2006 06:47 AM

Re: PARTY MAINTENANCE

Its usually pretty quick...then again this is party so you never know.

Might be a while, usually its just a server restart and it is right back up.

joker122 04-06-2006 06:52 AM

so when they say it's down until 10:30AM EST they're just giving a really safe estimate to safe face in the event of some unexpected problem or something?

krazyace5 04-06-2006 06:54 AM

No, they will be down for awhile then, I thought it was just another server restart, which is usually fairly quick.

BluffTHIS! 04-06-2006 07:15 AM

You're not the real joker, PP is. And it is an especially big joke that they don't announce in advance when a restart/mainenance will occur like stars does, and the only clue you have is that tourneys won't be going until a certain time, which for players like me that don't do tourneys can often be missed.

Marnixvdb 04-06-2006 07:25 AM

play money usually stays up when they have a server restart or maintenance, and now it is down, so they might be doing a major update (either on server or client side)

KaBoom 04-06-2006 07:42 AM

Something for the VIP's. When I closed my tables the only account balance shown in lobby was play money ($1000). I clicked the "real money button" and a pop up message came up. It said something like your real money balance is locked, see special promotions you are entitled too with a link. Link went nowhere cause servers down.

fsuplayer 04-06-2006 07:51 AM

this is getting [censored] ridiculous.

they were down for a few hrs on monday, which screwed up my playing, now i get up early to play a session before i leave town and they are [censored] down with no advanced warning.

god i hate party.

D.H. 04-06-2006 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so when they say it's down until 10:30AM EST they're just giving a really safe estimate to safe face in the event of some unexpected problem or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

When they say it's down until 10:30AM EST it will usually be up again around 1:00 PM EST. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jiggaman0204 04-06-2006 08:20 AM

I will not mind the outage one iota if it means we get a major stability-related update.