Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Villain limp, 4-bets preflop. What the hell do I do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544951)

SuperUberBob 11-13-2007 06:04 AM

Villain limp, 4-bets preflop. What the hell do I do?

Button is LAG preflop, but predictable postflop. No reads on MP.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

--------------

I thought the limp/cap was so freaking weird. I didn't know whether he was really weak (small ace, small pair). Or really strong (QQ+). So, I just called down.

What do people regularly limp/cap with preflop?

kross 11-13-2007 06:10 AM

Re: Villain limp, 4-bets preflop. What the hell do I do?

"Well, it's gonna get capped anyway, I might as well save time and do it myself..."

Could be just about anything they think is playable. Pairs, aces, suited cards, who knows. About 1 out of 100 times it's AA.

I think the calldown after he raises the flop is fine.

Raist0000 11-13-2007 06:12 AM

I think 75% of the time is KK or AA, and 25% is AK or a small pocket pair or random crap.

Versus that range don't bet the flop, check and call all the way.

thepizzlefosho 11-13-2007 06:14 AM

I think c/c the whole way down is fine. You are WA/WB on the flop and you want them barreling. Plus if villain has KK you have 5 outs and the button might come along and pay for your draw.

Raist0000 11-13-2007 06:16 AM

kross: the limp-cap was made by a player with no reads on. The LAG is the button, not the limp-capper.

But i think even a LAG have AA or KK a good portion of the time that he limp-caps!

Oink 11-13-2007 06:34 AM

Why are we donking the flop?

What does it accomplish?

What draws out there do you want MP to protect for you?

What worse hand do you think he is raising making your hand worth protecting?

How reliable do you think the info is when he raises or calls? I mean do you really think you can trust a guy who limps/caps preflop?

I absolutely hate the flop donk.

If you think he is capable of limp/capping 88, T9s as well as AK, KK, AA you should just go ahead and c/r the field. If you think he has KK+ too often you should just go into c/c down UI mode. Pretty easy spot

danzasmack 11-13-2007 06:53 AM

oink++

mattnxtc 11-13-2007 09:22 AM

How do you feel about the flop donk oink? I dont think you said anything about that yet? haha.

limp/cap should genearlly mean a decent amount of strength..if he has ak let him bluff off a few streets.

thrasher789 11-13-2007 12:31 PM

I've seen weirder plays in which a villain caps with Q7s becuase they are just insane, I guess you really need to know if the villain is a complete donk or capable of limp raising AA or KK, but at .50-1 I rarely see this play.

WuTank 11-13-2007 01:13 PM

post screename of villian.

also:Calldown is the only good line with TPTK here, obv. raise when a Q falls.