Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   MTT Improvements/Things You Would Like to see at PokerStars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492947)

CharlieDontSurf 09-03-2007 08:54 PM

MTT Improvements/Things You Would Like to see at PokerStars

Not sure if this is kosher or not but I know these threads pop up occasionally in the Zoo, though the yusually end up turning into people complaining about rakeback etc.

I know several people from PS frequent this forum so
thought starting one focused on MTT's might be beneficial: security, structure, deal making, MTT's offered, satellites, Sit n Go's, etc etc.

If this is frowned upon feel free to delete Jurollo.

My recent suggestions to Ideas@pokerstars.com

post yours

MTT'S

1. REBUYS

A $1.10 nightly rebuy with a steep payout structure say 10%.
It will be a blast to play even for super-micro donks who could literally win hundreds/thousands for $1 while even higher limit players will blow off steam in it.

$3 rebuys that only pay the Top 50.

$5 rebuys that only pay the Top 25.

$20+2 buy-in tourney with $5 rebuys.

2. More 6max MTT's esp. lower and micro limits

3. More $5 MTT's that aren't rebuys or turbos

SATELLITES

Round 1 and Round 2 Satellites

I don't see why you guys can't run the Round 1 type sats...$$6/$8 turbos and $4 rebuys...all day long 10x+ every day.

You have a ton of tourneys that you could have Round 2 $55 sats for every single day...

Super Tuesday
Sunday Millions
Sunday Warmup
Sunday Second Chance
The Nightly 100 Grand $162(every day of the week)
Sunday $215 + R
The Nightly $109 and $109+ R(multiple times every day of the week)
Wednesday Hundred and Fifty Grand
The Saturday $320

With all these high buy-in tourneys there could easily be $6 or $4+R ROUND 1 Sats running every hour and $55 ROUND 2 Sats running multiple times per day.

People could easily un-register and play in the Round 2 Sat for a different High Buy-in tourney of their choosing. It would increase the size of the fields and make them much softer while allowing lower limit players a $4 shot at tens of thousands of dollars in prize winnings. That sure beats a $4/180 payout.

These should be running non stop.

SIT N GOS

1. Multi table Sit and Go's(36 players or more) that are 6max and Rebuys

2. Micro multi table Sit and Go's that are 6max

cappla011 09-03-2007 09:00 PM

Re: MTT Improvements/Things You Would Like to see at PokerStars

So you pretty much just want more micro tournaments.

Most of the people in this forum play higher-end tournaments, so most people would probably disagree.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea.

I am pretty happy with the tournaments run by Pokerstars, but if anything should be added, I feel it should be more 6-max tournaments WITH a guarantee slapped on them.

Body Man D 09-03-2007 09:20 PM

I think all tournament breaks should fall at the same time. I think most people multi table these days and having a break in 1 tourney is meaningless if you have 6 others going at the same time.

I guess it would be tough with 20/180s or whatever but maybe at least with scheduled tournaments it could happen. If the tournament is in the middle of a level just keep the level going when the break ends.

Any other logistical reasons this couldn't happen???

CharlieDontSurf 09-03-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you pretty much just want more micro tournaments.

Most of the people in this forum play higher-end tournaments, so most people would probably disagree. not sure if this statement is true.

Most of the people WHO POST in this forum play mid to high stakes buy-ins. I imagine there are a ton of micro/low limit MTTers who lurk here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea.

I am pretty happy with the tournaments run by Pokerstars, but if anything should be added, I feel it should be more 6-max tournaments WITH a guarantee slapped on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No..simply voicing my opinion based on what I have experience with. I dont have much in regards to the high buy-in tourneys short of the ones I sat into, so don't really think it is my place to say what should or shouldn't be changed.

People who regularly play higher limit buy-ins probably have a whole range of other things they would like to see at PS--structure changes, security, sats into the high buy-in MTTs etc

driverseati 09-03-2007 10:00 PM

One thing I'd like to see is the use of the dead button and the dead sb.

Matt24 09-03-2007 10:26 PM

guarantee the $22 rebuy and the $33 rebuy 6 max, especially the 22 rebuy that could be such a better tourney with a guarantee of $40k or so. The $55 single rebuys could use $25k guarantees or so as well

metsfan88 09-03-2007 10:36 PM

how bout making the 45man sng structure time longer than 10 minutes. it becomes a crap shoot at the final table

ughaulkghalugh 09-03-2007 10:59 PM

[censored] $55+ turbo tournaments

Bakes 09-03-2007 11:01 PM

and guarantee the 100r

RPatterson67 09-03-2007 11:18 PM

The more sng structures introduced the slower each will fill.