Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Are You the Favorite Person of Anybody? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510851)

Kimbell175113 09-27-2007 08:20 PM

Are You the Favorite Person of Anybody?

Thread inspired by a Miranda July short film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyWVtoCjNM

Step 1: watch it (it's short).
Step 2: write something interesting and totally sentimental (I'm hoping Blarg - and if we're lucky, Myrtle - will show up). Or just say yes or no. I don't want to do a poll, though.

Anyway, I thought this would be a very Lounge-y topic.

I imagine a lot of us are like the second person in the film. I know I am.

rothko 09-27-2007 08:31 PM

Re: Are You the Favorite Person of Anybody?

zomg, i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] miranda. i've been wanting to see this short, but didn't know how to. never thought to check youtube. duh.

also, yes.

Iconoclastic 09-28-2007 10:27 AM

That film sucked. The guy with the clipboard's the only one who seemed to know how to act. The others looked like they just memorized a script and were trying too hard to say their lines at the right time. If the writer/director were trying to get across an artistic point I completely missed it. Just seemed like 3 wasted minutes of film to me.

Dominic 09-28-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That film sucked. The guy with the clipboard's the only one who seemed to know how to act. The others looked like they just memorized a script and were trying too hard to say their lines at the right time. If the writer/director were trying to get across an artistic point I completely missed it. Just seemed like 3 wasted minutes of film to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

John C. Reilly is the guy with the clipboard. He's an Oscar-nominated actor.

Miranda July is the girl - while she's not really an actress, she has been in a few movies.

Mike White is the guy with the oranges. he's also an award-winning filmmaker and actor.

Just because you didn't get this doesn't mean it's worthless or pointless to others. I found it pretty charming.

Kimbell175113 09-28-2007 02:23 PM

Dom,

I bet you're somebody's favorite person.

27offsuit 09-28-2007 02:49 PM

I found it sort of sad that the middle guy who was 'very certain' he was nobodies favorite person thought to grab an extra orange for his girlfriend, who he obviously thinks doesn't think of him as her favorite person.

I also like the guy with the oranges. He was good in Perfect Storm and I find him to be a great character actor in general.

Personally, I have been certain throughout my life that I have never been anyones favorite person. However, I am currently in a small window of time where I believe I am my two boys' favorite person, but they are only 3 and 5 and that window will surely be closing soon.

I'm starting to like this Lounge place...

Dominic 09-28-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dom,

I bet you're somebody's favorite person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the support, but I can say with utmost certainty that I am no one's favorite person at the moment.

I can look back on a few times when I was, though, so at least I have that! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

entertainme 09-28-2007 03:46 PM

The hubby enthusiastically says I'm his favorite person.

(Yeah, I know. Everyone will just say he has to say that for his own well being.....Honey, does this make me look fat?)

Conspire 09-28-2007 04:34 PM

I think I still am.

rothko 09-28-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can say with utmost certainty that I am no one's favorite person at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

dom, are you sure? that's the highest--the top.