Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   BIG NIGE / custom title request (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510038)

tuq 09-26-2007 05:25 PM

BIG NIGE / custom title request

Sent me this PM:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for getting rid of my asterisk. Is there any way I can get a custom title? I want my title to be "minusEV" (without the quotes) as I just registered that domain name.

[/ QUOTE ]
I let him know that titles aren't bandied about, they're generally given to established, quality posters but that I would gladly ask. Got sent this:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I would appreciate it you could ask. If it helps I have another account HighStakesPro that I don't use anymore because I got ridiculed a lot for posting in BBV where it is easy to become a target, but I have 400-500 posts on that account if it helps at all as far as having enough posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even after viewing some of his posts I am unqualified to say anything about the guy or whether to honor his request. Since he did it privately I guess it could be done without anyone knowing and bugging mods for their own. Thoughts?

Yeah this was way longer than it needed to be. I blame caffeine.

*TT* 09-26-2007 05:28 PM

Re: BIG NIGE / custom title request

-ev is a registered url by him, sounds like he has a business endeavor planed - not good for a custom title.

Leader 09-26-2007 05:32 PM

I wouldn't give him a title designed to promote his website. He almost certainly doesn't deserve one in any case, but I only vaguely recall the guy.

tuq 09-26-2007 05:38 PM

Wow, I missed a pretty obvious point that both of you had no problem seeing. Yeah, promoting your site as an undertitle is an obvious "no", for some reason I was just focused on the request and whether he was "worthy". Never mind, I'll let you know.

citanul 09-26-2007 06:01 PM

rumor has it he neither plays high stakes nor is a professional.

entertainme 09-26-2007 06:24 PM

For the record, I have nothing to do with this site.

Cry Me A River 09-26-2007 06:34 PM

My impression has always been that custom titles are generally awarded for actions/posts above and beyond the call of duty, a career of excellence or some kind of a contest win. Just asking for one doesn't really seem to fit that bill.

If it does, I know I have a bunch of friends who'd love me to give them a title...

*TT* 09-26-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My impression has always been that custom names are generally awarded for actions/posts above and beyond the call of duty, a career of excellence or some kind harassment from Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

I Win!

RR 09-26-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My impression has always been that custom names are generally awarded for actions/posts above and beyond the call of duty, a career of excellence or some kind harassment from Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

I Win!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you whine so much?

*TT* 09-26-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I Win!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you whine so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have stitches in my back, and I am going to Hawaii on Friday so I can't play in the water. Waaaaaa.